Translatable front page

All user editable texts that can be added from theme options are inserted into the theme as echo() functions. In order to make it translatable, and thus multilingual, it should be changed into _e().

Please, can you do it?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings retos,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

I have never been aware of this issue or someone making this claim in the past 2 years and I certainly do not have the authority to change it even if I wanted to.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer @EnzoMDD in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• EnzoMDD
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey retos,

I have checked the blogs-mu code, and cannot find any static strings that directly echo content.

If you are referring to the content that you can configure in the blogs-mu options panel, this would not normally be translated via __() or _e(). You could either allow the users to change the content or use a plugin that allows you to use language specific tags for content.

Please see 'Law the First' section:
    http://ottopress.com/2012/internationalization-youre-probably-doing-it-wrong/

It would be possible to use __() or _e() in the cases of variables such as __($content, 'domain'), but the tools creating your POT files would not pick up the translation, so you would need to copy the content from the options pages and into your POT files manually.

Is this what you intend to do?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.