Translating Coursepress Pro Course Data

I'm building a multilingual site using CoursePress Pro and WPML.

I've ran into a few issues with CoursePress templates not loading, but have got over this by overriding them in my theme.

The issue that I'm now seeing is that I can't seem to set up translations of courses, I've ticked to allow translations of all CoursePress post types within the WPML options but it doesn't seem to be allowing me to set the WPML language anywhere for the course.

Any help would be gratefully received as we're on a fairly short deadline with this project.

Cheers,
Daryll

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Daryll,

Missing button is already requested here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-i-set-a-language-or-translate-a-course-with-the-wpml

I've checked what can be done and looks like you would need to create course categories for your courses and translate them in WPML. Then using admin language switcher switch to new laguage, create courses in this language and then choose from category translated one. Categories will show depending on the admin language dashboard.

I also send message to developer is there is better way to do this.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Digital Web Media
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kasia,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, if I assign courses to translated categories how will that translate the course dashboard when a user switches from the English to Spanish dashboard for example?

Surely this will just allow me to group the courses by language, rather than offer a translated version of it?

Cheers,
    Daryll

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Daryll,

I've check this more thoroughly - and unfortunately my solution with using translated categories (because button for creating course in new language is still feature that developer are working on so the workaround is needed) will not work because there is bug that prevents courses from displaying on course category page. Bug is already reported to developers.

My idea was to create courses in categories for languages - and then on the front end don't display the whole course base, but link to specific categories. Because categories can be translated then language switcher would work for them - and they would display courses for this language only.
    I know this solution isn't perfect - but it could work if not the unfortunate bug.

I'm adding this thread also to bug report, so it will be updated when CoursePress will be fixed.

I'm really sorry for the confusion I made with my first answer.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.