TRANSLATION IMPOSSIBLE/ CONFIRMATION ORDER EMAIL FORMATTING

Hello there
this is for the site boutique.cbesprit.fr
I cannot translate the word Shipping in the confirmation order . it does not seem to be available in the mp- .po or .mo files ( see attached screenshot)
Other issue : store settings -> notification :
The generated emails look bad as regards having no carriage return and so on .. The input box seem to accept only text and sticks lines together without having carriage returns. HTML seem not to be working ... What can I do so that it looks formatted ?
Other issue : PDF bill . How can I set that up please ?
Thanks ... I grant you access

• Dimitris

Hey there dubernet,

hope you're doing good today!

I cannot translate the word Shipping in the confirmation order . it does not seem to be available in the mp- .po or .mo files ( see attached screenshot)

I can truly see that the "Shipping" string is already in place in the .pot file,

and it's being used in the appropriate code used in checkout as you can also see for yourself

/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-cart.php line#697
    <span class=&quot;mp_cart_resume_item_label&quot;>' . ( ( $this->is_editable ) ? __( 'Estimated Shipping', 'mp' ) : __( 'Shipping' ) ) . '</span>

Could you please try to translate the string I mentioned (ID:93) and test again?

Other issue : store settings -> notification :
    The generated emails look bad as regards having no carriage return and so on .. The input box seem to accept only text and sticks lines together without having carriage returns. HTML seem not to be working ... What can I do so that it looks formatted ?

Unfortunately, there's no HTML support in notification emails and this should require some custom coding as it exceeds the scope of this support forum. You may use our Jobs & Pros section for this.

Other issue : PDF bill . How can I set that up please ?

You should go to Store Settings -> Add ons and hit the "Disable" toggle button in order to activate this addon.

Then click on "Settings" link to setup the PDF settings

The settings provided are pretty straight-forward and simple. Select where to attach it and a logo image (any extra templates require custom coding at the moment as there're no additional ones).

Hope that was some help, take care,
    Dimitris

• dubernet

Hi Dimitris,
      Thanks for your effort ....
      - I do confirm that in the file mp-fr-FR.po , I have translated all the "Shipping" into french ( 1824 and 1845 ) and that problems remain . The screenshot you sent me with Shipping corresponding to 93, correspond in fact to "CDF - Franc Congolais" in the file ...
      So either we do not talk about the same file , or the marketpress code does not use the translation and text is hard coded !
      Am I wrong to think that ? Thanks to have a look . I attach the .po file I use so you can confirm I use the right file ...

- for the email notification not supporting HTML , it is so sad , if I 'd known that !

- Thanks for showing me the PDF settings . Where can I find the default template and create a new one please ?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello dubernet,

I hope you're having a nice day!

I do confirm that in the file mp-fr-FR.po , I have translated all the "Shipping" into french ( 1824 and 1845 ) and that problems remain . The screenshot you sent me with Shipping corresponding to 93, correspond in fact to "CDF - Franc Congolais" in the file ...
    So either we do not talk about the same file , or the marketpress code does not use the translation and text is hard coded !

My colleague Dimitris was referring to the ".pot" file which is different than ".po" file a bit. I'm sorry for causing confusion. You are right however about that string not being translatable. I double-checked the code and noticed that although its not hard-coded the text domain is missing from the function. That is a bug but fortunately easy to fix.

I attached a .zip file to this post containing a "quick fix" for this. To apply it to your site please follow these steps:

- download the .zip file and extract it to your local drive
    - access your site via FTP
    - go to the "/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/" folder
    - upload the "class-mp-cart.php" file from the file that I shared with you to your server; overwrite existing one.

Let me know if that helped, please!

- Thanks for showing me the PDF settings . Where can I find the default template and create a new one please ?

You'll find template files for PDF invoice in "/includes/addons/mp-pdf-invoice/templates/default/" folder in MarketPress plugin folder ("/wp-content/plugins/marketpress"). In order to create your own template please make sure that you checked the MarketPress templating guide (go to "Store Settings -> Presentation" and use "here >" link in "Store Style" settings box.

Please also analyze the template .php files and you should be able to create your own custom template for PDF invoice then.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.