Translations for FAQ or other way to split up categories

Where can i find information for Support System? I have this installed for using ticket system and faq, but can find page with informations here on site. When i search in plugins i just see the fundraiser plugin.

Is there a way to handle translations for faq? Or is there a way to only show some categories to choose between, so german user see german categories and english users will see english categories.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mikkel,

Hope your weekend has gone well so far!

You can see the Support System usage guide here:

With that said, as for your translation issue - there isn't a way to hide categories for certain languages without further custom development. There would need to be something added to detect the language.

You could use categories and have both an English and German category then they can choose but it sounds like you will have several other categories that you want to separate?

In that case you could put in brackets in the cateogry which language it is.

You could try something like WPML to offer your whole site in different languages too. So they could choose from a dropdown to see the site in German instead of English. We have the German translation files here: thanks to our community.

If you have further questions on this then let me know.

• Mikkel

Hi Tyler,

Its look like there is some problems with FAQ and WPML.

When im going into Themes and Plugin localizations for scanning strings, then after scanning it still look like its not scanned. Try see pictures, one showing Support System after scanning and other for bbPress after scanning.

When i then go into String Translation i can find strings for Support System under "default", so actually its there, but with a wrong name. You can see my other pictures, one showing TOS plugin in String Translation and other one showing "default" which show up strings from Support System and some other plugins it look like.

Is there a way to fix this?

BR Mikkel

• Sajid

Hi @Mikkel,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Hope you would not mind chipping me in here, the plugin does not have support for WPML and we are not aware of this change on the road map. However it would be a good feature for the plugin. If you wish I could move it to proper section from where it can be considered for development, if it gets enough +1's from other valuable members of the community.

For scanning the strings, did you used incsub-support text domain ? If no then try with this and then check again.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid

Hi @Mikkel,

Hope you are doing good today and welcome back :slight_smile:

Then in this case you have create translation files (.po/.mo) using PoEdit.

Here are the steps:

1. Simple download the translation file (select Machine Object Message Catalog from dropdown /.mo ) from translate page:

2. Move it to wp-content/languages folder (create if not exists) via FTP or FileManager.

Please not that this will only translate the text that is used in template files.

For Catogires and FAQ you still need to customize it by custom coding as described by Tyler in his first reply.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid