travel booking site plugins advice?

Hi, i am looking to develop a travel booking website where a customer would come to the site and pick from serveral options including a calander of dates, type box of destination, number of people, budget etc and the website would recall the database and return a result corrispondng to the the customer's selections. I was looking at WPMUDEV's Appointment + and the Events + plugins and wandering if these in combination with marketpress and membership plugins could achive something along these lines? or if there are any other plugins / widgets that you could recomend for this project?
Thanks
Tom

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tom,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think for such a setup you'd need a custom solution.

Our Appointments+ and Events+ plugins would help you build a booking/reservation site but they work in a slightly different way. A perfect usage example for the first one would be e.g. doctor appointment booking where you select the kind of examination you need and/or the doctor you'd like to meet with and then select one of available dates. Events+ could work nearly the same way as "Facebook Events" or as a regular "event ticketing system". I think this is not close enough to what you wish to achieve.

I think you could build up the database (from which the system would fetch the data according to user preferences) upon custom post types. This would be the "database structure" and our CustomPress will let you do this using a nice WP dashboard interface instead of WP coding:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/

Having that build (and filled in with data) you could then build a custom "search" that would implement all the necessary logic. This would require some coding in my opinion and in case you needed more help with this you may want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you have any more questions on this, I'll be happy to assist!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.