Trial as a URL link? And not default

Hi

I have 2 questions..

1: I enabled trial access for my silver package. But does this mean that if one chose silver package then they have to go through the trial period first? What if user dont want the trial and want to subscripe to the package immediatly.
2: Instead of a shortcode, is there an URL i can use for the trial? Because i have a popup form which says " START free trial for silver package" and on this button it needs an url.

Sohag

Hi Hamid,

Hope you are having a beautiful day!

I enabled trial access for my silver package. But does this mean that if one chose silver package then they have to go through the trial period first? What if user dont want the trial and want to subscripe to the package immediatly.

This feature is not avaiable right now. I have added this as a feature request for the developers to consider in a future release, however, I can't make any promises.

As an alternative, you could simply create a duplicate membership that has no free trial. Your users could then choose either the pay-now membership, or the one with a free trial

If you really need this functionality soon, I can only recommend advertising for a developer who might be able to custom develop this for you.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/jobs/new-job/

Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not associated with us. So communicate with them well regarding your issue before you make any payments to them.

Instead of a shortcode, is there an URL i can use for the trial? Because i have a popup form which says " START free trial for silver package" and on this button it needs an url.

You can use something like this

<a href="http://yoursite.com/memberships/?membership_id=31">Join for 30 Day Trial</a>

Where 31 is the membership id of the target membership

Hope this works.

Please let us know if you need any further help.
    Cheers,
    Sohag

Hamid

Ok. So i tried setting up the trial membership for a dummy account just to test how it works

It ended yesterday 11MAY2017. What is suppose to happend after end trial? I did not get any emails and i have acces to a page where the page is restricted to a membership plan. The invoice say billed and trial expired??

A little confusing. I was hoping when logging in after end trial you should be met by a custom message about end trial and if you want to sign up...

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Hamid,

Apologies for the delay here, your original question is in features & feedback section so it slipped through cracks.

If the member was billed after the trial has ended they will keep their membership and access to protected content.
    Are you saying that this is working correctly but the member is having access to content that shouldn't be available for that membership?

To send email after trial has ended you first need to activate Additional Automated Emails add-on from Membership 2 > Add-ons and then go to Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses and configure the Trial finished email from there.

Best regards,
    Predrag