Tricky Scheduling for 1 service provider - the rest as is...

I am developing a Website for a Mediation Group (bunch of lawyers)
SO ....

Every body is Scheduling Half days Mornings and Half days evening.

These times being four hour blocks 10-2 and 4-6

There is however the head honcho - He needs me to be able to set his working hours extremely different.

He only does 2 half days a Week and on the same day (But doesnt want to choose a specific day)

1)The rest being full days (How do I accomplish 8 hour time blocks leaving the rest of the staff at 4hr blocks)

2) better asked with a scenario....
Since Richard only does half days once a week and I come along and book him for half day wednesday...if anyone else tries to book him for a half day it forces them to book the other half of wednesday leaving the rest of the weeks time slots for full days.

Gosh I know that sounds like ...well its asking a lot but for my eternal gratitude can someone give suggestions or maybe some code that could make this happen

• pxwm

Hi @ylana

You can set the Working Hours' of a Service Provider in the 'Working Hours' tab but you will need to know which days they wish to work.

If they wish to select their working day per week then you could set the 'Allow service provider set working hours' field to 'Yes' in the 'General' tab but it would mean they would have to login at the start of each week and set their Working Hours via their Wordpress profile.

I've never tried this option so not sure how easy it is to achieve.

I would appreciate if you could maybe expand on your other issue as I'm not sure exactly what the problem is.

2) better asked with a scenario....
    Since Richard only does half days once a week and I come along and book him for half day wednesday...if anyone else tries to book him for a half day it forces them to book the other half of wednesday leaving the rest of the weeks time slots for full days.

If in your example Richard only works half days once a week then if you have setup their Working Hours then once you have booked them up for that half day they shouldn't be available.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Paddy

Ok One lawyer specifically wants to only do Two 240min sessions a week - but on the same day.

and he wants to do 4 days a week full days 480min

However he doesnt want to choose a specific day.

So he wants to only be available for 4 random full days a week.

So in the event I book him on a thursday for a 240 it will now no longer let anyone else book him for a half day on any other day than thursday (with his remaining 240 on that day)

Leaving him 4 days with 480 time blocks

I hope that makes sense

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @ylana

Thanks for the additional information.

As SteveB said, you could let him set his own working hours using his WordPress profile, but that may not be suitable, or how about keeping him separate and maybe using a form plugin to take his appointments and then set them manually admin side?

I'll also discuss this with @Vladislav (lead developer of the plugin).

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.