Triden Theme - Missing Third Column on FrontPage when Responsive

Hi,

When window resizes for responsive, the third column (widget area) disappears. Nor does it wrap underneath. I've done some custom CSS, but even with defaults I get the same result. See at http://janastratton.com.

Thanks!
Chuck S.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chuck,

Hope you're doing well this weekend.

WPMU Triden is one of our legacy themes, which wasn't actually designed to be responsive(yes it's that old :p). Legacy themes only receive security updates. It is best to go with our new Upfront framework instead as that is the way we will be going with all of our themes from now on and it is fully responsive. https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/

If you have any further questions on this just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• ChuckS

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the quick response. Actually, Nelo, Dixi and Triden are wonderfully responsive, except for just the Triden Front Page with the three widget columns. I've used Nelo and Dixi for years and have several client sites build with them. Clients like them because the themes' option page is quite robust and easy to use.

I can appreciate your recommendation for Upfront. I've built four sites now with Upfront and unfortunately, its not quite ready for prime time. Even with the latest update it's still buggy and doesn't play well with other WPMUDev plugins. Don't get me wrong Upfront is awesome! But I've decided to wait until it matures a little more before using it on a real client site. Not up for the stress.

That brings me back to the "legacy" themes, everything but Upfront. I'm disappointed in their abandon. With a few simple CSS tweaks, they are still a great choice! Not everyone wants or needs a Hero Page.

Thanks for letting me rant!
    Chuck S.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chuck,

Sorry for my delay on this. I understand what you're saying about Upfront right now. there are some outstanding bugs still but they are being ironed out and we're hoping to have it much closer to v1.0 by the end of the year I would definitely suggest trying it out again at that point. We have a big update coming up for it as well plus many more child themes.

and no problem, your rant(feedback) above is definitely appreciated. Always good to hear what our members are thinking.

Cheers,
    Tyler