Trident theme wp-signup problems

Hi!

I've started using WPMU-Triden, and that made wp-signup.php stop working.

When I use other themes (as home/main theme) the wp-signup.php works as it should.

The problem is that when you try to register it only loads itself again. No error messages and no entries in the servers error logs.

Any idea why?

You can try it your self on http://iblogger.no/ the files is in its normal place/name. The site is in norwegian, but the fields are in normal order.

I've also tried disabling all plugins but that did not change wp-signup.phps behavior when using the Triden theme.

Any tips are welcome

Regards,
Rune

Richie_KS

yeah..you're right....the tdl domain creation did not go through..i mean
    second step of the register.

i tested it on local test with wpmu-triden 2.1(same as yours) but everything go through ok..but you said using default/other theme did not produce this problem right...did you make any edit to the header.php?

maybe a header() call was sent out already so signup process cannot be
    process.

any error log you can show me when signup in step 2?

runeg

Well, I got it to work. But I had to do some snipping from the header.php code. Basically I had to comment out some of the themes original code.

I started with removing all non essential code from the file, and putting it back in until it broke

I ended with the following sections commented out to get it to work;

<?php /*
    <script src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/drop_down.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/tabber.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
    /* Optional: Temporarily hide the "tabber" class so it does not "flash"
    on the page as plain HTML. After tabber runs, the class is changed
    to "tabberlive" and it will appear. */
    document.write('<style type="text/css">.tabber{display:none;}<\/style>');
    </script>

So problem solved. The strange thing is that there is no entry in the servers error log, and no other indication that something is wrong. It just did not work.

Well, problem solved - moving on...

Regards,
    Rune

Richie_KS

i see..

i think for a better solution..add conditional to the script so it will work
    also for the tab feature in home.

< script src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/drop_down.js" type="text/javascript">< /script >

<!-- leave the drop_down js..don't comment out since it control the navigation drop-down -- >

<?php if (is_home() ) { ?>
    < script src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/tabber.js" type="text/javascript">< /script >
    < script type="text/javascript" >
    /* Optional: Temporarily hide the "tabber" class so it does not "flash"
    on the page as plain HTML. After tabber runs, the class is changed
    to "tabberlive" and it will appear. */
    document.write('< style type="text/css" >.tabber{display:none;}<\/style>');
    < /script >

<?php } /* only show in homepage */ ?>

not sure if signup page still in home() area..so you might test it out.