Tried adding BuddyPress and got a fatal error

Hi,

I have Edublogs home page (parent & child) installed on a multisite. I at first didn't think I wanted Buddypress but then decided I did.

I installed buddypress, network activated it and began stepping through the steps to set up buddypress. I got to the last step and then got a fatal error. I deleted buddypress and was able to find the site again and everything looked fine.

My question is: if I'm going to install Buddypress do I have to change the theme? Or do I have to deactivated the theme on all my sites (main and subdomains).

I think I want to run the bbPress Edublogs theme.

Anyone who's been though this I'd appreciate your help!

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings monkeydevelopers,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Great point made by riyaku concerning being setup with a Buddy Press compatible theme prior to Buddy Press installation which could very well be the root cause of the malfunction.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• monkeydevelopers
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the feedback.

Taking a look at this a second time I think what I want is Edublogs with bbpress.

One issue I see is that WPMU says that Edublog bbpress works with bbpress 1.01 and bbpress is now up to version 2.0.2.

Don't know what to think here.

I'll try installing this. My question is should this replace the edublogs theme I have installed (I think it's the multisite basic edublogs theme) or should I use it as a subsite or can I do either?

If you have any tips on it, let me know.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.