Tried pay with a view but was not suitable, so having

Hi Tried pay with a view but was not suitable, so having another look at your membership plugin. With Pay for View had to enter paypal API codes for it to work.
Can find nowhere for this to be entered with membership. And as paypal not popping up when people should buy think I need this info adding somewhere? Customers are just registering not being asked to pay before access.
Only asks for paypal email address.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @geoff

Membership has several payment gateways that can be used, and they are all grouped under Membership > Payment Gateways in your admin.

Once you activate the payment gateway you want to use, hover your mouse pointer over it to reveal links for Settings, Transactions & Deactivate

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@geoff

Click the Settings link for the payment gateway you want to use. A new screen will open where you can enter your information. :slight_smile:

Be sure the info you enter is the correct info depending on whether you have set it to Live or Test/Sandbox mode in the Settings.

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

I have been up the last 28 hours trying to sort this myself as the only response I got from support since you was from Ari in Greece 10am this morning who has not responded since.

Before support started I got to where you are pointing to. I put my paypal email address in (checked it 4 times). But no paypal payment page coming up like it does on on pay per view. Those that register get to go in for free.

Have tried both sandbox & live, logged in and not logged in from a separate browser.

regards

Geoff

Am I supposed to put buttons in? - in which case why would I need to put my paypal details into membership? Appreciate I have probably made a simple error

Have reverted back to pay per view as it took payment even though it looked clunky and have had to pay someone to try to sort it out as hitting deadlines.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @geoff

Tell you what, how about I log into your site to take a look behind the scenes? Maybe I can figure out what's what that way.

However, I won't be available to do that before tomorrow afternoon EST.

If you would like me to do that, please email admin login using the form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown, and include the following:

Subject line: Attn: Patrick Cohen
    Site URL: ___________
    Admin user: ______________
    Admin pass: ______________
    Forum thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/tried-pay-with-a-view-but-was-not-suitable-so-having

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Ari said he was going to have a look this morning and has my user details but not a word from him since. Thought with him dealing with it would not need your help but if you are there and can it would be great I am getting desperate. Site launches Tuesday.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.