Trouble creating a store

I installed the plugin and I set my initial setting at the presentation on the store settings and I saved the changes at the bottom of the page and still don’t see the page where I can see the products I created to sell. Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya julioleitao,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

If you don’t see the pages on the front end is it possible you haven’t added them to your menu navigation? It’s hard to say without a bit more information (or a link to the site would be awesome).

Let us know what versions of wordpress/buddypress (if using) and theme and I’m sure we can get ya sorted quickly.

Thanks!

• julioleitao
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am using wordpress 3.1.2. and I was forced to uninstall the marketpress and begin installed another shopping cart because I got tired of waiting for the support the I expected from WPMU DEV. Anyway,

1. I installed the marketpress and activated

2 I created my products

3 I input my setttings — new york tax etc.

4 I chose the modern — from the store setting I saved.

and no pages or store were ceated, I feel that I spend $39 for nothing.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Julio,

I believe you simply need to have the Store page created by visiting Products > Store Settings, then clicking the Presentation tab, then pressing the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.

The above process will create the Store page and should take care of everything you need. It’s also detailed on our installation page at the following.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/installation/

Cheers,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Julio,

Taking a look at everything on your site, the store page was definitely created and you can easily add the store page to your menu using the WordPress menu system.

It all seems to be working perfectly fine except for the products and categories listings, though I couldn’t see a reason for that as the cart and checkout pages work just fine as does the store and single product pages.

The best thing to do at this point would be to switch to Twenty Ten to see if the issue with those particular MarketPress pages persists. If so, then there’s likely a plugin conflict. Deactivating your other plugins one by one would be the best way to see where the conflict exists.

Thanks,

David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya

Is there a way to I display to Products in a row?

Might check out our new framemarket and gridmarket combo – pretty epic! :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme

Can you provide us a link to the store? If it’s USA and not validating shipping it may be because you’re not entering in the default 2-letter state abbreviation which is required to go to the next step.

Lastly, can I used a markpress cart on my other site as well for a guesthouse reservations

You could, but it’s not really designed for that kind of a site. You may also want to look into Event Espresso which is made for events and registrations:

http://www.eventespresso.com/

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.