Trouble getting google calendar to sync properly with Appts+

I have the Appointments+ plugin set up and the google calendar is syncing when I make an appointment on my website. But when I add an event to the google calendar itself, it isn't blocking out the time on the appointments page availability.

Also when someone books an appointment, it shows up in their time zone. For example, If some with a different time zone book an appointment, shouldn't that show up in my time calendar?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Phil Hanna,

Hope all is well.

I have the Appointments+ plugin set up and the google calendar is syncing when I make an appointment on my website. But when I add an event to the google calendar itself, it isn't blocking out the time on the appointments page availability.

It looks like there are some issues with auto sync from GCal and I was able to replicate this issue on my installation so I have created a bug report and notified our developers about this.
    Manual Sync seems to be working fine though and when I went to Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar "Import and Update Events from GCal" button properly imported my GCal booked appointments and marked those slots as busy on the calendar.

Also when someone books an appointment, it shows up in their time zone. For example, If some with a different time zone book an appointment, shouldn't that show up in my time calendar?

Appointments+ calendar will use your WordPress defined time and Google Calendar has it's own time settings so if you have this on different times then it will show appointments differently.

For example, if your WP is set to UTC+0 and Gcal is set to UTC+2, if user comes to your site and books an appointment at 8AM that would be 8AM UTC+0 and when the appointment is sent to your GCal it will show as 10AM because of the different time zone set on calendar.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.