Trouble implementing Membership Pro 2

I have followed the documentation for MP2 and it is not functioning as expected. These are the issues I am having:

1) When a guest user tries to sign up for one of the membership levels, they receive a page that reads "Registration not currently allowed". I have the gateway activated and the IPN enabled on in my Paypal account

2) When a member tries to upgrade/downgrade from the Membership list, the financial information is wrong. For example, a 'Shareholder member' who pays a recurring 19.50 payment every 3 months, displays the Total amount or 19.50 but in the next row of the table it reads 'you will pay 7.00 each 3 months'. ???

Help!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello malcolm,

1) When a guest user tries to sign up for one of the membership levels, they receive a page that reads "Registration not currently allowed". I have the gateway activated and the IPN enabled on in my Paypal account

This was because you did not allow for registration in your WordPress General settings. I enabled this option so now registration will work fine.

2) When a member tries to upgrade/downgrade from the Membership list, the financial information is wrong. For example, a 'Shareholder member' who pays a recurring 19.50 payment every 3 months, displays the Total amount or 19.50 but in the next row of the table it reads 'you will pay 7.00 each 3 months'. ???

Can I assume that you try to test this on your admin account? If yes that is normal behavior because as a administrator you already have access to all memberships and when admin try to join them it will give quirk results.
    You need to test it as normal user on your site - log out from your admin account and then go through whole process of registering - then you will have proper results of test.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• malcolm

Hi Kasia,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

1) Your solution makes perfect sense and I'm a little embarrassed about that BUT after re-reading the only documentation I can find about how to install and configure this plugin (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#product-details) I see NO mention of this important step in the Usage guide. Maybe I've overlooked it, but if it isn't mentioned perhaps it should be.

2) That is a good assumption- I was testing my plugin while logged in to my Admin account. BUT...I was using the Simulated Overview and had it set to No Membership/Visitor. Shouldn't this allow me to look at my sight as a Visitor without logging out of my admin account? Isn't that the reason for this feature?

The situation now is that since the Membership setting in the WP General Setting has been switched on, my website appears to have been hacked. Every time I go to my Membership page, Account Page, Audio Script Library page, it is redirected to a page of whitespace and the url reads:

http://server-configuaration.ml/?folio=9POB3CV4Q&rfolio=9PO2AYXA5

DO you think it is a coincidence that my site was hacked at the same time I started using Membership 2? I'm contacting my hosting provider to see if they can shed some light on the situation, but any input from your end would be appreciated.

• Rupok

Hi malcolm

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I see NO mention of this important step in the Usage guide. Maybe I've overlooked it, but if it isn't mentioned perhaps it should be.

Thanks for suggesting us. I've already sent your report to our documentation team, and I believe, they will update it if required.

I was using the Simulated Overview and had it set to No Membership/Visitor. Shouldn't this allow me to look at my sight as a Visitor without logging out of my admin account? Isn't that the reason for this feature?

I talked with our developer regarding this and he confirmed this is expected behavior. Simulated Overview is for checking protection rules, not the payment and join membership etc. So for testing membership change and payment options, creating a new test user would be the best way.

DO you think it is a coincidence that my site was hacked at the same time I started using Membership 2?

I totally think this is a coincidence that your site was hacked at the same time you started using Membership 2 Pro. I've this plugin running in 3 of my test sites, and they are working well, not hacked for at least once yet. And Membership 2 Pro doesn't have any backdoor, I'm confirming you. It's coded very well and fully secure. However, it's secure inside its architecture, it doesn't add any vulnerability and can't take any security measurement for your site. I'll suggest you to use our WP Defender plugin for making your site secure.

I'm also curious to see the error log of your server. Can you please share that with us when you hear from your hosting provider?

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.