Trouble shooting domain mapping on Nginx

Domain mapping is not working as indicated. In order for a domain to work, I have to go park/alias it on the nginx server side.

Ideally, I should be able to go to my domain control panel, change the a-records to point to my servers ip address, and have wordpress associate the domain with the right subsite via the the domain mapping plugin.

I currently have a subsite that is using the domain mapping plugin. The associated domain's a records are pointing to the server i.p. address. Now the server has a wordpress installation and a custom non-wordpress installation. So the i.p. server address points to the non-wordpress website rather than the installation folder of the wordpress mu install.

Is there a way to corect this so that everything can be handled within wordpress instead of logging in to the server and adding parked domains, aliases, or subdomains? I would have to do this for every single customer who requests a mapped domain. This should be an automated process.

Please advise.

Thanks

• Michelle Shull

Hi, zspri!

A dedicated IP address, not a shared IP, is needed to get domain mapping working out of the box without having to use workarounds like you're using now. Since the IP for the site you want to map to a new domain is shared with another site, that's why you needed to go through extra steps to make it work.

I'm happy to add a feature request to make the process of domain mapping a URL with a shared IP address completely automated, but that may not be feasible at this time.

Thanks for your questions and feedback.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.