Trouble with Custom Sidebars Pro

Plugin installed. Custom Sidebar set up. Plugged 2 widgets into the Custom Sidebar and noted to show as 'Main Sidebar' in all Posts. The sidebar does not display in my posts.

I watched one of your videos that demonstrates to go to the Posts Menu in WordPress, and click Edit to configure the sidebar in the post. I am not even able to do this, as now that the sidebar is installed, when I click 'Posts' from the menu it lists my posts only with tag & author info. There is no Title displayed for any of the posts and none of the normal buttons below to Edit, Delete, etc.

I have been struggling with this plugin for 4 days with no help! Please help me fix this, or I will need to request a refund as I'm not able to use your product. Thank you!

Michael Bissett

Hey @Leah!

I noticed that your site's presently running WordPress 3.5.1 presently, which is probably a good part of the reason why you're having trouble (the latest version of WordPress is 4.0, released over 2 & 1/2 years after 3.5.1). Could you try updating that please?

Should that not resolve the issue, could you also make sure that a conflict isn't taking place by using the troubleshooting flowchart at the bottom of our Getting Support page?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

If that still doesn't resolve the issue, could you please enable Support Access on your site, so that I can have a closer look at what's going on here?

Thanks a bunch!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

DavidM

Hi @Leah,

Thanks so much for having granted access. We received your email as well and having taken a quick look, I could see what you were referring to. The post list in the admin area is quite messy. I believe that's due to one of the SEO plugins you have activated conflicting with the additional items that Custom Sidebars Pro adds there as well.

Basically, both plugins (possibly others too) are adding columns there and they're conflicting a bit so the display is tough to work with.

As a possible workaround, would it be feasible to simply deactivate that SEO plugin (or other conflicting plugin) while you configure the sidebars there?

The following troubleshooting guide helps when trying to find a conflict:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Or you could choose to edit any particular post (you could always access the edit options from the admin bar when viewing the post in the site's front-end). And there you can edit the sidebar options. I've attached a screenshot showing the options when editing a post.

Could you let us know how either of these might work for you?

Thanks,
    David