Trouble with signup page and upfront themes

it seems If I use any upfront theme (currently Scribe) with prosites Signup on Checkout enabled. I get no style applied to the signup form... well seems to be the same without prosites Signup on Checkout enabled just without the pro sites price table
If I select a non-upfront theme like twenty fifteen etc.. it displays ok.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Shane,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Pro SItes signup page indeed works well with default WP themes and most of the "default-compatible" themes. However I already came across many other "complex" themes (especially those based on various frameworks and builder, eg. Avada and Divi) that needs a bit more work. That's because Pro Sites is meant to pick up default styles from theme CSS style but some themes does not provide it with enough matching rules. In case of Spirit (Upfront child themes) the issue is that it's a "drag-n-drop" tool that doesn't yet fully handle "virtual pages" (that is, pages that are dynamically generated "on the fly"). Thus, it will require a bit of CSS styling.

If you could share a few suggestions on how would you like it to look like I'll be happy to provide you with a solution. An example screenshot would be very helpful here.

Let me also add that our developers are working on this issue and future versions of Upfront (meaning as well its child themes such as Scribe) should fully support this.

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

• Shane

Hello Adam,
    Thank you for the prompt reply and sorry for my delayed response.

I do not want to take your time creating a solution for me, really I am just looking for proper layout of the form, and the spaces to be visible instead of white on white where users cannot see where they are supposed to type.

I think for now my best option is to not use Upfront on this site, I will instead alter one of my themes from a different project.. While I like the concept of Ufront I am starting to think it is just not the best option for this part of the project. though I do think it will still be used for the sub sites.

• Shane

I suspect this again is a problem of Upfront handling a "virtual page" that it renders as a "new page" with the expectation that you would be editing said page with a custom title. but since this page is generated by a buddypress php file and is redirected if you are logged in there is now way to edit the page through upfront, so I can go to the container page /register by disabling the redirect. and edit background color etc in Upfront. it does not render any of the content there. so no way I can find to edit that title.

So I keep fiddling with it because I feel like I am missing something. but ultimately I suspect I am back to the old theme and save Upfront for sub sites which is where it seems to be targeted at anyway.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Shane,

Thank you for your response!

The form itself we could address with some custom CSS code which I'd be happy to help you with. You're right however about "virtual pages". This is still under development although I think it should soon be addressed.

However, there is a simple way to edit all BuddyPress pages as in case of BuddyPress they are a "real" WP pages. Take a look at your dashboard's "Settings -> BuddyPress -> Pages" page, please.

This is where you define which pages are assigned to which part of BuddyPress. Let's say that the page for BuddyPress registration is named "BP Register" (with slug "bp-register"). While it's assigned to a "Register" option you will not be able to edit it because - as you mentioned - you'll be redirected to other page (as a logged in user).

The simple workaround is to temporarily assign any other (not assigned to BuddyPress) page to "Register" option so "BP register" becomes just a regular "un-attached" page. You are then able to open it in editor and edit the same way as other pages. Once edits are finished and saved you may re-assign that page to BuddyPress registration and all the changes will be applied.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Shane

Thank you for your helpful reply, I tried exactly that, even created a new page called it testreg the slug also testreg then added some test to it etc.. I then assigned it to register in buddypress, but the problem still persists, if I use Upfront it still adds the "Enter your new page title here" at the top, if I switch it to a different theme this does not happen.

At this point I have gotten a different theme working ok. So I will go with that.. again its not an issue on the subsites that will use upfront, since all registration will be through the main site. but could be problematic for people using upfront on their main site or on a single site that uses registration.

While I understand that it can be fixed with some custom css and I appreciate the offer. I would guess that this could be an issue for others that want to use upfront but a big part of why some might want a frame work like Upfront may not have css skills. (this includes myself)

Thank you for all of your time.
    Shane

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Shane,

Thank you for letting me know and I'm sorry that it didn't work for you. BuddyPress compatibility and "virtual pages" support is a priority issue for developers so I'm sure with one of upcoming releases this will be finally solved "for good".

In case you had any other questions or needed further assistance, please don't hesitate to start new threads on our forum and I'll be happy to help!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.