Troubleshooting client video viewing problems

I use WPMUdev.org videos on a membership site to provide WordPress Training for my clients. Now my biggest issue is creating a FAQ page to send them to when they can't view the videos.

One of my clients is currently complaining that she can't watch the videos on the site.

I've walked through this list of questions with the client:

A) Are you logged into the site?
B) Are you able to see the video play button?
C) Are you able to watch videos on other sites, like YouTube?
D) What device are you using to access the videos?
E) What OS are you using?
F) What browser are you using?

She sent me a screenshot - because you'd be surprised how many times they're not logged into the site - but surprise, surprise she is logged into the site. She can see the play button. She can watch video on other sites like YouTube.

She's using a Mac - she doesn't know what OS she's using - she's using Safari as her browser.

Any suggestions for how to help her?

• Patrick

Hi there @divva

I hope you're having a great day!

Good job trying to troubleshoot your member's issue. Now we gotta try to troubleshoot yours, lol! :slight_smile:

First of all, if a user is having difficulty viewing videos on the site, there may be a browser extension interfering. That would be the first thing I would check by disabling all extensions.

Then, to see if there is something specific about that site that may be causing this, it would be a good idea to try to view the same video in the same browser on another site & server. So, to help you out there, I set up a quick test site with a single video on it:
    http://videos.patrickcohen.net/

Can you ask her to check if she can view that video? If so, then the issue is specific to your site.

In that case, could you enable support access on that site so we may login to try to reproduce the issue on similar devices? May we also create a test user account to see if perhaps there is a capability conflict?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.