Try our new WHMCS Multisite Provisioning Plugin!

Update – As requested by you, our members, please find two comprehensive WHMCS plugins!

WHMCS WordPress Multisite Provisioning

WHMCS WordPress Integration

Enjoy!

Here is one that a whole lot of you have been requesting!

The latest beta is attached to the bottom of this thread.

This plugin allows provisioning of blogs on a WordPress multi-site installation from external WHMCS packages and billing system.

Includes provisioning for Subdomain, Subdirectory or Domain Mapping WordPress Multisite installs.

The plugin’s /whmcs directory contains modules to be installed on WHMCS to communicate with this plugin.

The current version Is from WHMCS to WordPress only. Some fields will sync to WHMCS automatically such as username, domain, path. Changes to these are locked out at WHMCS admin.

Passwords may be chaged from WHMCS Admin but they DO NOT feed back from WordPress to WHMCS. WordPress passwords are hashed and can’t be read in clear.

Installation of WordPress Plugin

1. Upload the ‘whmcs-multisite-remote-provisioning’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
  2. Network activate the plugin on the Network Admin of your multi-site WordPress installation through the Network Admin’s ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
  3. On the settings page currently nothing is required to be set.
  4. If you set allowed IP addresses they must contain the IP of your WHMCS server. Blank turns off IP filtering.
  5. Other fields are non-functional to be added in the future.
  6. That’s all the config necessary.

Installation of WHMCS Modules

Copy the whmcs/Modules directory over your Modules directory in your WHMCS installation.

This adds a Server Module named “whmcs_multisite” and an Addon module named “whmcs_multisite”.

WHMCS Server Module configuration

1. In WHMCS admin go to Setup | Servers and Add New Server
  2. Give the Server a name meaningful to you.
  3. Enter the Hostname = primary domain of the WordPress install you want to control (mydomain.tld)
  4. Enter Monthly cost
  5. Set the Type to whmcs_multisite
  6. Set the Username to a Super Admin username on your WordPress site.
  7. Set the Password to the Super Admin password.
  8. Save.
  9. In Servers Create New Group and add this server to it.

WHMCS Addon Module configuration

1. In WHMCS admin go to Setup | Addon Modules
  2. Activate the WHMCS Multisite Module
  3. Set Access Control as appropriate.

If your WordPress Install is Subdomain or Subdirectory ONLY, no Domain Mapping

Create a Product

1. Create a Product Group to Hold the new products

1. In WHMCS admin go to Setup | Product/Services and Add New Product

1. Create a Product and Set the Product Type to Hosting Account.

1. Set the product Group to the one created above.

1. Give the Product a meaningful name

1. On the Details tab UNTICK Require domain. Other fields as you prefer

1. On the Modules Settings Tab Select whmcs_multisite as the Module name

1. Select the Server Group defined above.

1. Set a default blog title. This can be edited by the user in WordPress after blog is created (“My New Blog”:wink:.

1. Set a default Blog Domain. If you’re not using Custom fields(see below) this is the default domain name that will be used with numbers appended.

1. Set the default role of the User that may be created for this product. Usually “administrator”.

1. Set the Web Space Quota or leave blank for WordPress default value.

1. Tick the two custom field names if you are using custom fields to define the Title and Domain.

1. Set the Radio buttons for when the product setup will occur.

1. On the Custom fields Tab, create two custom fields.

1. First custom field must be named “Domain”, as a Textbox Validation “|^([a-zA-Z0-9-])+$|i” (without quotes), Required field, Show on Order Form.

1. Second custom field must be named “Title”, as a Textbox Validation “|^([a-zA-Z0-9- ])+$|i” (without quotes), Required field, Show on Order Form.

1. Rest of the Product fields are Admin’s choice.

If your WordPress Install Offers Domain Mapping as well as subdomain/subdirectroy installs

Create a Product =

1. In WHMCS admin go to Setup | Product/Services and Add New Product

1. Create a Product and Set the Product Type to Hosting Account.

1. Set the Product Group to the one created above.

1. Give the Product a meaningful name

1. On the Details Tab TICK Require domain. Other fields as you prefer

1. On the Modules Settings Tab Select whmcs_multisite as the Module name

1. Select the Server Group defined above.

1. Set a default blog title. This can be edited by the user in WordPress after blog is created (“My New Blog”:wink:.

1. Set a default Blog Domain. If you’re not using Custom fields(see below) this is the default domain name that will be used with numbers appended.

1. UNTICK the two custom field names.

1. Set the default role of the User that may be created for this product. Usually “administrator”.

1. Set the Web Space Quota or leave blank for WordPress default value.

1. Set the Radio buttons for when the product setup will occur.

1. Do not create custom fields.

1. = If you want to offer subdomain/subdirectory installs as well as Domain Mapping =

1. On the Other Tab fill in the Subdomains Option with your sites primary domain (‘.mysite.com”:wink: Note the leading dot.

1. Rest of the Product fields are Admin’s choice.</p>

Known Issues

1. If a user does not already exist on WordPress as determined by matching the WHMCS Clients email

with the WordPress users email, a new user will be created using the WHMCS Client’s email address and

the portion before the ‘@’ as the users name. If you are Accepting Orders in Admin before creation you

can change the default username there. Once the username is created it cannot be changed.

2. If the WHMCS clients email address already exists as a user in WordPress the WordPress user account

will override what you may put in WHMCS. WordPress user names can not be changed and this is enforced in WHMCS.

3. WHMCS generates random passwords when creating a service. If a new WordPress user is

created as a result this random password is the password for the new user. If the user already exists

in WordPress WHMCS still generates a random password but it does NOT change the WordPress password.

WHMCS can change the password on WordPress but WordPress password changes will not be feed back to WHMCS.

4. Each WHMCS service creates different random passwords so they will not match if a Client has more than one

service at the same WordPress site.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Thanks for working on this. When I first mentioned it, it was me with a slim hope, but it looks like many others are looking for it too :slight_smile:

I’m going to give this a good going over in the morning and will let you know any comments I have, in a single post :slight_smile:

Just one question, how does this work with showing WHMCS on the WordPress site, as the other plugin does? With that one, affiliates never worked, does the affiliate info get shared with this plugin?

• realsocialpros
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Aaron,

Thanks for kicking this out. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get signup put together.

I just installed another Zingiri plugin today. I was pretty excited to finally get that WHMCS bridge setup.

Now I got a new shiny toy. I will get this installed and see if I can get it running.

It is only 8:15 PM here!

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I’m putting this through it’s paces, and will write something up a bit later.

I was wondering if it would be possible, somehow, for the username/domain be linked. So the user could select their username from the custom field which is currently ‘Domain’, and the username and domain would then both be the same as whatever is placed in there.

So if I chose Joe as my username, my site would automatically be joe.wp-user.com

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

So what happens if you want several sites? One of the problems is that you can’t change WordPress usernames once they are created. The plugin matches the WHMCS client’s email address with those in WordPress and will override whatever WHMCS sends if that email already exists in WordPress.

If an email does not match in WordPress then the first portion of the email address is used for the username, unless one is entered in Admin when accepting an order.. I suppose as an alternate we could take the domain name chosen and use it for the default username if one doesn’t already exist. That could work for both the domain mappin and non domain mapping style of products.

So close to what you have but domain feeds username if possible instead of adding yet another custom field.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

@realsocialpros

If you want to set up something similar to ProSites, the closest you can currently get, is to offer different amounts of space for different costs. So you could have the basic with 50mb, Pro with 500mb & premium with 2gb web space.

To do that, you would just set up three different products, giving the amount of space available with that account. You can also easily allow your users to upgrade/downgrade by using the options within WHMCS itself.

There may be a way to make it so that users on a specific plan get to use the domain mapping plugin, but I will have to play around a bit more (and wait for my dedicated IP to become active later tonight) to test that out.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

If you want to restrict domain mapping, Make a product with the subdirectory/subdomain only instructions, in particular untick the Require Domain on that product. Then it will only do a sub install.

Then for Domain mapping make a separate product with the instructions for the Domain mapping

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

@nick32

Although many people think of WHMCS as mainly software for creating hosting and domains, there is much more to it.

With WHMCS, you can use it to add further products, control affiliates, add coupons and use the newsletter facility. It’s a good way to bring everything you are doing to a single point for your users, and to provide further services using the available add-ons. If at a later date, you decided to provide hosting yourself using a reseller account, there are modules for various hosting companies, including some of the better known names such Hostgator, and it has the ability to automatically set up accounts in either cPanel or Plesk.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

For those who want to offer domains, but don’t want to force your users to buy, transfer or use a current, it is possible to offer a sub-domain. For this, you will not need the domain custom field.

To do this, just follow these simple instructions:

1. Go to Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services

2. Either create a new product or edit a product

3. Click on the ‘Other’ tab

4. Type your domain in the ‘Subdomain Options’ section (.yourdomain.com)

• realsocialpros

OK,

I went back through and double checked everything. I am offering subdomains on a WPMU setup.

I even have a “pending” order in WHMCS from that I made and when I put a tick on it and press “activate” nothing happens.

Any help or advice would be great.

• realsocialpros

This is the set of instructions I followed (after adding the numbers :wink:

== If your WordPress Install Offers Domain Mapping as well as subdomain/subdirectroy installs ==

Create a Product =

2. In WHMCS admin go to Setup | Product/Services and Add New Product

3. Create a Product and Set the Product Type to Hosting Account.

4. Set the Product Group to the one created above.

5. Give the Product a meaningful name

6. On the Details Tab TICK Require domain. Other fields as you prefer

7. On the Modules Settings Tab Select whmcs_multisite as the Module name

8. Select the Server Group defined above.

9. Set a default blog title. This can be edited by the user in WordPress after blog is created (“My New Blog”:wink:.

10. Set a default Blog Domain. If you’re not using Custom fields(see below) this is the default domain name that will be used with numbers appended.

11. UNTICK the two custom field names.

12. Set the default role of the User that may be created for this product. Usually “administrator”.

13. Set the Web Space Quota or leave blank for WordPress default value.

14. Set the Radio buttons for when the product setup will occur.

15. Do not create custom fields.

** = If you want to offer subdomain/subdirectory installs as well as Domain Mapping =

17. On the Other Tab fill in the Subdomains Option with your sites primary domain (‘.mysite.com”:wink: Note the leading dot.

18. Rest of the Product fields are Admin’s choice.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

@realsocialpros

To activate, you need to do the following:

1. Click on ‘Clients’

2. Select the client you used to order

3. Click on Products/Services

4. Select the product from the drop-down

5. Click the ‘Create’ button

If it goes green, it has all worked, if not it will give you an error, just say in here what that error is :slight_smile:

Also, where it has create, you can also suspend and delete accounts.

• realsocialpros

It had something to do with ProSites? I guess. What ever it is that when you go to whateversubdomain.ultimaterealestatewebsites.com, you get a signup page.

I just put in http://www.u…es.com in the server field, and it worked!!!

I need to figure out how to turn off that signup page thing. I will look through the forum. If anyone has a hint, shoot me a PM or something.

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

@nickd32 the best thing about Pro sites is the levels for plugin and theme restriction. I suppose this plugin could handle that as well eventually. But not everyone wants that, so Pro Sites is a good fit and making this plugin integrate with that would be the best of everything. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• realsocialpros

@arnoldb

There has to be a *.mydomain.com A record for the subdomain setting to work at my hosting.

I looked at my DNS records, and I have WWW setup. If I change/remove the *.mydomain.com record, then I can’t resolve any of the subdomains I have setup with WPMU.

Thanks for the help.

James

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

@realsocialpros

No you have to have the *.mydomain.com DNS record for multisite to work. The problem is the plugin at WHMCS Is not properly following the 301. I need to fix that.

Putting in the www. in Server should let you communicate. In a product setup you would leave off the www. and it should create proper subdomains.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I’ve been playing around, trying to see ways in which things could be made simpler, especially to those who’ve not used WHMCS before.

One thought I had, is to save having to say for those using domain mapping and those not using it.

If the instructions state to keep the domain option ticked, if the admin only wants to use the free sub-domain, they can simply untick everything under the General Settings > Domains tab, or they can select specific items to keep.

Also, if you want to provide domain mapping, but not sign up t a domain registrar, you can use the ‘dottk’ module, which will enable you to offer your users a free .tk domain to use with their site. This is also an option if you are also selling other domains.

If anybody is interested in this, I can write up some instructions on how to set up domains to sell/use, how to provide free domains with an account, etc.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

To fix this problem, you would go into your WHMCS template and edit the configureproductdomain.tpl file.

Add something along these lines:

{if $registerdomainenabled && !$subdomain}show this option{/if}

That would then allow you to use your domain options with everything else, but when you have the sub-domain option active, it will only show that option.

This does mean you will not be able to use the sub-domain option elsewhere, but that’s not so bad.

• realsocialpros

I am plugging along with this. When I setup a new subdomain, I am getting a “pending” order back at WHMCS.

This is the error:Order Accept Encountered Problems

Mapped domain already exists for zsillynameagain.ultimater….websites.com

So it looks like the module is creating the subdomain, then WHMCS is trying to recreate it?

Is this just something screwy I have setup?

I haven’t updated to the newest version yet.

Thanks.

James

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

When you get that error, have you done anything on the WordPress side?

You should just do it through WHMCS, and that will then set it up in WordPress. If the sub-domain already exists in WordPress, it won’t be able to create it.

I agree that it would be good to know if it is WordPress, WHMCS or both that need to be updated.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The plugin and modules should both be updated, if for no other reason than to keep version numbers on all portions the same. Makes it easier for support to figure out if the pieces match.

On the creation WHMCS doesn’t do anything except create the order unless you have the autosetup in the Module settings for the product. If it does autocreate and there is an error of course it won’t change from pending.

It looks like you are trying to create a subdomain of your primary site using domain mapping from the error. That won’t work because the wildcard subdomain for your primary site will match every subdomain possible. That’s it’s purpose.

For a subdomain of your primary site you should be using either the Subdomain option on the Other tab of the Product setup or the custom fields method.

• realsocialpros

I’ll have to check. The subdomain is created when the signup is done. I am able to pull up the new website at the subdomain.

So are you thinking that I have both the custom fields and the other tab?

Or is this a conflict with domain mapping?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

If I’m guessing correctly your doing this:

1 Signup through WP creating a subdomain zsillynameagain.ultimaterealestatewebsites.com

2. Going to WHMCS and telling it to Domain map zsillynameagain.ultimaterealestatewebsites.com.

so it’s already created. You can’t create it again.

Also you can’t create a subdomain in WP and then Domain Map it with WHMCS because since WHMCS didn’t create it it wouldn’t have any info on how it was created.

You should do everything from WHMCS. Let it either create a subdomain/subdirectory on WP or do the combination of Domain mapping and creating the subdomain all in one step.

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

hum guys, a clarification abour email creation.

In case of domain mapping, customers want emails huh ?

so whmcs does manage this ?

Hosbill does…

because the problem is that ALL mails /domains are on the SAME serveur account, which is complex.

Or is there a way to

– create a domain account on cpanel

– set up the cname reccord to map on the multisite account ?

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I’ve not tested this, but you could create a bundle within WHMCS, so that you can create a hosting account within cPanel or Plesk at the same time.

Alternatively, most registrars include email with a domain, so the user could get their email that way.

• realsocialpros

03/06/2012 17:19

Module Create Failed – Service ID: 27 – Error: Admin User var is required if no admin is logged in

System

Is anybody else getting these errors on creation? I am receiving payment from PayPal, but then I get this error and the order shows a “pending” status.

What is curious about this is that the subdomain is already created on my site! so yoursub.ult…websites.com is created and loads and works, but the WHMCS is getting errors.

Is this a WHMCS, a PayPal, or a plugin issue?

Thanks,

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I’ve taken a look into that, but am not sure of the answer on that one. I think it is something the developer of the plugin is more likely to know. Alternatively, if you send a support request to WHMCS, they may know what the problem may be.

If you do get a solution from WHMCS, please share it here though, so it can be dealt with.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

@realsocialpros

You’re good at finding bugs :slight_smile:

What’s happening is that the information coming back from WordPress after the site creation is not getting saved by WHMCS because there is no Administrator logged in so the change isn’t authorized. This happens if auto setup is enabled and no admin is logged in. A security issue.

So here’s Beta 3 to fix that. It requires that you create a WHMCS administrator with the username ‘wpadmin’ to authorize the changes from WordPress. Just make sure the Username is ‘wpadmin’ and that the Addon Module gives this admin Access control.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

@vincent2

With Pro-site the user creates a blog first and then can add items to it. If you have Pay to Blog

set then you can charge to let them actually use the site they created. But they create first.

With WHMCS the have to buy the blog through WHMCS before it’s actually created. Plus it has more payment gateways and other features.

• Matt F
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, so you have me a little excited.

Being a bit of a newb I’ve been looking for something like this as one issue that I’ve had is wanting to be able to limit the band width that people are using on a monthly basis as prosites currently does not allow you to do this.

So am I to assume that this plugin will allow you to do this?

• Incite Minds Ltd
    • Flash Drive

hi ya guys!!

we installed it and tried to create a test account and we got the below error.

Module Command Error

Invalid data: The receiving plugin may not be activated: http://wpmuwebsite.com/

please advice

no need my admin missed to add the Remote WHMCS host: info. :slight_frown:

all working like a charm

thumbs up guys

PS. what would be good is to get it to work with Pro-Sites because of the Levels, Premium Plugins and Premium Themes we could offer to our users/clients

• GNM

@joe

You are saying that the WHMCS plugin that we would otherwise have to PAY for is ultimately the SAME as the link you have pointed us towards?

I am building a paid for gig guide for venues – will this work with that as well?

EXCITED!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

@ YourNextHost

PS. what would be good is to get it to work with Pro-Sites because of the Levels, Premium Plugins and Premium Themes we could offer to our users/clients

Thats one of the priority features right there, its coming :wink:

@mattfraser

Being a bit of a newb I’ve been looking for something like this as one issue that I’ve had is wanting to be able to limit the band width that people are using on a monthly basis as prosites currently does not allow you to do this.

So am I to assume that this plugin will allow you to do this?

That isn’t currently a feature yet. In order to do that there would need to be some way to measure the content downloaded and then check it off against WHMCS or in Pro Sites.

This would make an excellent addition for a future version, but unfortunately that won’t be in this release when it comes to final.

Please open up a new thread about this request so we can discuss it further and gauge other support from members. It would certainly gets my +1 on it!

@musicwise

WHMCS is a billing solution or a web host manager I suppose. It integrates with cPanel, Plesk, WHMSonic and many, many others to automate setup of the hosting process.

If you signed up for hosting and your domain name they will use either this or something similar, it could even be a custom solution. But that is what this does, automation.

Our Plugin will give WHMCS the ability to provision and well websites within WordPress Multisite. It will also get integration with Pro Sites, leaving Pro sites to handle the plugin, theme and other restrictions set.

As for the mobile features, that is a WHMCS feature so yeah you still use the same admin area. I use WHMCS on iPhone, its also available on Android or can be used through a web browser.

@Everyone else, if you feel your questions or posts get missed then please feel free to open up a new thread as this one is getting quite lengthy now. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• vincent2
    • Flash Drive

@joe,

Thanks, I’ve actually been using WHMCS for last 3 years for my small hosting clients.

@arnold,

Well as a noob around here, I had no idea that Pro-site the user creates a blog first – before payment :slight_frown:

Surely that’s easy to address?

I’ll do more research on pro Sites and post on there as don’t want to take this off topic.

Another enhancement for this plugin would be the ability to create new standalone WP installs on subdomains?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

@vincent2

Another enhancement for this plugin would be the ability to create new standalone WP installs on subdomains?

That is something we discussed and maybe in a future version. But not for this release.

Surely that’s easy to address?

I’ll do more research on pro Sites and post on there as don’t want to take this off topic.

Its just not something which the plugin was designed for. The idea there was to leave WordPress to handle that aspect of things. It could be something for the future but nothing firm was decided there yet.

Our WHMCS plugin will create and then assign a pro site level when the final is released.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey realsocialpros.

WHMCS offers full templating options (With Smarty integration), there are even companies that offer service the service pretty cheap to do it for you.

Some more info just here if you wish to tackle it yourself:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Area_Template_Files

Personally though for me I will be marketing as a different service under my umbrella brand, which is what I do anyway. :slight_smile:

Many companies do this, sub brands of brands.

Of course if you want it all to match then you will either need to work on the WHMCS files or the theme for WordPress

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Wow Arnold, didn’t realise you had gotten so far with this task for the project yet. Really awesome and fast work!

I’m sure everyone here are loving having you with us!

Hey guys, if you didn’t already then welcome Arnold to the WPMU Dev Team! Hes one of our newest developers here and hes making a real splash as you see! :slight_smile:

Awesome work Arnold.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

The biggest danger here is bloating the plugin, it will probably be best, in a later version, to have something like Pro Sites, where you can select modules.

@ James – I make a great Shepherd’s Pie, I bet you miss a proper British shepherd’s pie… May be a problem emailing it though, and I’d hate to think of it turning into spam on the way.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Does this support multiple multisite installations? For example, in WHMCS with standard cPanel hosting, we can set up multiple servers and have new accounts provisioned round-robin or until one server is full (then moving on to the next).

Does this plugin allow us to set up multiple multisite installations (“servers”:wink: and provision until one is full, then move on to another?

Thanks,

Mark

• aaronpie
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I figured out my domain mapping issue. I checked my database and there was no domain mapping table. Earlier I had a problem updating the domain mapping plugin. I had to manually delete the table, but when I installed the update the table was never created. Everything is working great.

Can’t wait for the final release.

• anointed
    • Flash Drive

suggestion:

Even though I currently host a lot of WordPress websites, I only have 1 copy of WordPress code itself on my server. Basically I use a setup where I have a ‘master’ svn of the nightly code setup on my server.

I then use nfs and symlinks so that all of my sites reference this one set of code for their installs. Of course the users do not have write permission to the WordPress files themselves as that is completely managed by me.

Why?

Well I don’t ever have to worry about my users forgetting to update WordPress.

I run a cron to update the nightly svn each evening.

I don’t have to have 50 copies of WordPress code on my machine.

I can ‘monitor’ any changes to the filesystem which really helps with security.

Other bonuses:

I have a central theme and plugin repository that all sites have access to. This gives me the same benefits as the WordPress central repository above.

Request:

No matter what I have tried in the whmcs multisite provisioning plugin, I can’t seem to figure out how to get the plugin to create a new customer WordPress site in the manner that I use above.

Obviously each site has it’s own custom wp-config.php file and a few others, so there are steps needed for me to auto create a new WordPress site for a customer.

I know this is a little ‘fringe’ but is there any possibility of getting this type of custom logic setup into the plugin?

*If the average ‘WordPress provider’ catches onto this concept, I think they will be blown away at how easy it becomes to manage everything.

Is this idea viable with the plugin?

• anointed
    • Flash Drive

I think I might have completely misunderstood the plugin concept.

After installing the plugin and digging through all the code, I am a bit confused.

Does this plugin only create a new blog on an existing WordPress install for a new customer?

Is there no option of provisioning a brand new WordPress account for the user? Meaning a totally fresh install of WordPress?

From what I am seeing, it appears that my only option is to allow the user to create a new blog on a single install of WordPress, and then allowing them the opportunity to domain map their blog. Of course this means that the user is sharing users with all the other users.

If this is the case: Feature request….

Add in the ability for the customer to have THEIR OWN install of WordPress, completely separate from other accounts.

From my tests, this plugin seemed to work pretty well if I were running a blog farm and wanted to charge people for creating a ‘blog’ on the install.

It would be nice in the future if the scope of the project would change to actually doing a full WordPress install for the customer. Most of my customers are businesses who would never want to run on a blog farm setup, but would rather want full control of everything.

Add in my ideas from my post above about using a central SVN copy of WordPress for generating new installs and you would have a real gem of a plugin. There would not even be a need for the plugin to go and grab a new copy of WordPress, as it is already running from the central SVN.

This makes adding in ssl certs and advanced features much much easier and provides a rock solid install for the new customer.

Well that’s my elevator pitch for the plugin.

• dreamwc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@james

Hey James you know what you guys are missing? You need a Beta section where members can specifically test out and give suggestions on developing projects in progress. I am sure the community would love to help in this way and I think it would really be a plus in the development with all the active suggestions and testing. I find the WP community is always eager to test out something new that will solve an existing issue they have or make something easier for them.

Just a thought… =)

Regards,

RJ

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

@mattfraser, CDN integration might not even be needed in the plugin. You could configure that in your multisite installation, for example network activating a CDN-capable plugin. If you’re using a subdirectory-based installation, CDN can work somewhat automatically for all users. With a subdomain installation, it would require setup for each sub-site.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Does this plugin manage disk space, bandwidth, and similar things that are managed by WHMCS? And, if so, does it allow users to switch between plans (for example, to a plan with more disk space)?

These are must-have features for us, as one size user doesn’t fit all. So we need to account for various packages if possible.

Thanks,

Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.