Trying to activate smush pro (get internal server error 500), and optimizing my website

Hello.

My website is slow as f...
I´m trying my best to speed it up.
So far I´ve run the P3 plugin to get rid of slow add-ons, installed WP Super Cashe, and activated GZIP. Gzip did not work properly so I´ve started a support ticket with my host.
I´ve installed Smush to minimize my images but can´t activate Smush pro since it creates a 500 internal server error, WHY?
Is there anything else I can do?
I have a wordpres multisite installation. The mainpage is grisenochjag.se. Beneath that i have grisenochjag.se/kurser-utbildningar, which I think is the slowest one, and grisenochjag.se/hunddagis, grisenochjag.se/hundrastning.

I´ve granted you supportaccess, hopeing you can help me, since I don´t really know what I´m doing :smiley:

Have a great day //Tess

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Tess,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

500 error doesn't tell us much on its own and it usually means that there's fatal error happening somewhere in the back.
    It could be due to some files not being installed properly so first thing I would suggest is simply trying to reinstall the plugin.

If that doesn't help we should check where the error is coming from and debug log can tell us that.

You can enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Activate WP Smush and when 500 error shows up it should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.