Trying to add a new widget by moving it from a downloaded plugin.

I'm trying to add a new widget so I can add images (with links into the interior pages of my site). I found a plugin called "Simple Image Widget" - I think it will do what I mentioned above (if not guidance would be appreciated). It indicated on the download instructions to install it as a plugin, which I did. How do I get it from the plugins folder into the widgets window so I can drag it into my sidebars and then create links? Thanks,
John

• John
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your quick response. I activated it, but I didn't notice that it was automatically available within the widgets window. Will that happen (automatic activation) whenever you install a plugin that is a widget?
    John

• John
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jeff,
    I think I misspoke, sorry. I understand that the plugin doesn't auto-activate, but I what I was wondering was if a plugin is a widget, once the plugin is activated, will it automatically move into the widget window?

• John
    • Flash Drive

Hey Jeff,
    I really don't think you understand what I'm asking.
    1. I know I have to activate plugins
    2. I know I have to drag a widget into the sidebar
    Here's what I'm trying to find out:
    If a plugin is a widget, will it automatically appear within the widget window when the plugin is activated?
    I have installed other plugins that were not widgets and they drop in to whatever function they are designed to perform. Will a widget automatically appear in the widget window when the plugin is activated? That's what happened this time. Is that how they are designed to function?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.