Trying to allow user signups to access code to automatically gain membership level

Currently when people visit our site, they should have revoked access to our education pages , ie, it should show up as a Content Protected site.

We have a membership access code in which we give students andsend them to the "register" link on our website. There they can create their own login information and enter the membership access code.

When these students sign up, we would like them to then be given Level: Membership as well as Subscription: membership access code. However, in the current configuration, students are signing up and still being set as the Visitor level, which is preventing them from being able to see the protected content. How do we set up the registration so that when users sign up with the membership access code they are granted Membership level access?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Amy, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I trust you're sending your students to the registration page via the Register link at the top of the page? If so, then the reason you were having issues with students receiving the wrong subscription was due to the wrong subscription ID being added to the link.

It was set to ID #1 (your visitor subscription), where it should've been set to ID #2 (the subscription you wanted to assign to your students). After adjusting that, and trying to register for a subscription, I found myself able to access the content upon registering. :slight_smile:

Could you confirm the same on your end please?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Melissa

Huzzah!

Thank you, Michael! That was the problem to a T. I knew that the solution had to be something simple and was just a matter of changing the default registration subscription.

However, now when I'm signed in as a Member, the "Education" tab (the tab that contains all the membership-only accessible information) disappears from the navigation. Via redirects, once logged in, Members are landed ON the education page, it's simply no longer in the top level navigation.

I have made sure that the "education" page is NOT set as the Membership page in the options. Is this a shortcode issue?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.