Trying to clone a site with cloner

Hi,

When trying to clone a site it just hangs. I get to the new blog setup and sometimes it gets a few steps, but sometimes just white.

The site that I clone is running woocommerce, the theme Flatsome, wpml and some other stuff. Is there any incompability issues or anything like that? How loong time should a clone take? The site maybe is around 200 MB.

• Linus

Thanks! I have spoken to WP Engine support, it doesn't seem to be a cache issue, wp-admin is excluded from all kinds of caching. However they have a limit that a process shouldn't run for more than 60 Seconds, then it's killed. This is the most probable cause for the problems I have, since it works fine to clone a almost empty site that is finished within a minute.

They have escalated the issue but can't promise any solution, but they also asked if their maybe could be implemented in the plugin to break up the cloning process?

• Jim

I'm wondering if this is the same issue I'm experiencing, as I'm running a multisite on WPEngine. I attempted to clone the root site to back it up prior to editing, though there is very little on the root site and I didn't back up the network tables, so the overall size should be quite small. Even now, a day after I initiated the process, when I go to the cloned site I see "We're setting up your new blog. Please wait..." and nothing else. Clearly it's hung, and I can't figure out how to get it un-hung.

Many thanks,

Jim P.

• Predrag Dubajic

@Linus unfortunately I don't believe there is an easy way to split this into multiple processes, I'm going to flag this ticket for our developers from second level support so they can give some more info about this.

@Jim
    Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.
    This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

You are more than welcome to keep track on this thread if the solution is found or maybe share your discovery :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Linus

Hi,

I got a new response from WPengine who has investigated on this issue further. Here it is:

"During the Clone Site process, I'm seeing several 502 errors that indicate our system is killing a Script/Query running longer than 60 seconds. I cross referenced the 502's with the corresponding queries generated and this is the query.

WordPress databasfel f\xc3\xb6r Table 'wp_wspartner.wp_12_icl_strings' doesn't exist

This query is running back to back and is causing the constant 502s since the query keeps running. Are you able to verify with the developer of this clone tool or possible settings within this tool that would adjust the database name?"

WordPress databasfel = Wordpress database error
    wspartner = one of my subsites name

• Hoang Ngo

Hello @Linus,

I hope you are well today.

If you don't mind, I will need your admin access to check which ajax request take long. I think that will something relate to attachment stuffs, as it will copy the files from source site, doing some resize/crop images if needed, etc. This is heavily tasks, so surely it will need more time than just 60 seconds.

If that true, we can try to prevent Cloner for copying files, and do it manually, hope this can work for you.

For now, Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.
    Hoang