Trying to create a robust membership site

Hello, This may be a long post as what I'm trying to do is quite extensive and I've racked my brain for a couple of months now. Ultimately I would prefer to do it with only your plugins, but am open to others.
I'm trying to create a membership site that an individual can license our products. Ultimately I would like them to be able to sign up for a choice of membership (member plugin) and then recieve discount according to membership level on our products (marketpress). With the membership I would like them to become an affiliate (affilliate plugin) and recieve commisions on any products of ours they help sell or memberships. I would like for them to be able to recieve commisions for life for those sales if possible (customer buys again commission goes back to the affiliate). I would also like them upon getting their membership to have a clone site or choice of sites (pro-sites and other plugins).
I'm having a hard time tying these together..in particular the pro-sites and membership sites ..I haven't even got to trying to tie the affiliate with them.
Also I can not see where I can provide various discounts per membership in the store.
Any assistance or guidance on how to set this up would be very appreciated. I'm almost at a point to where I think I'll have to do it through multiple sites, but thought I would try the experts here first.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Shane,

I would also like them upon getting their membership to have a clone site or choice of sites (pro-sites and other plugins).

Can you give me more information on that?
    By default, there is no integration between those two plugins - they will not communicate I'm afraid :slight_frown: - so if you are thinking about allowing subscribers of membership have different levels of sites created in Pro Sites, that will require custom coding to achieve. Both plugins have own payment process gateways.
    Think that came to mind as work around would to be to use coupons in Pro Sites - so you would create them and give to members of specific memberships.

Let me address other questions:

Also I can not see where I can provide various discounts per membership in the store.

There is no direct integration between MarketPress and Membership 2 Pro that allows discounts based on membership. That is something that that might be added in the future. There are workaround tho. You can create coupons for members of different membership plans and show that coupon code in store pages inside content protection shortcode. For example, if you create a coupon for membership A, you can use the following shortcode:
    [ms-protect-content id="1"] Coupon Code for Membership A [/ms-protect-content]

Suppose, id for Membership A is 1.
    If you create coupon for multiple membership plans, you can repeat this shortcode with proper id. So only members of specific membership can see the coupon only for his membership plan.

Another way is to create duplicated products with different price - and one with lower price protect with membership, so only members of it will be able to see the product with different price.

I would like for them to be able to recieve commisions for life for those sales if possible (customer buys again commission goes back to the affiliate).

This is possible, please check usage page of Affliates:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#product-usage

Recurring affiliate payouts
    When used to track referral sales, Affiliates defaults to paying an affiliate for the first sale only. That can be changed by adding the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');

With that added, affiliates will be paid for every single payment made by the referred user.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Shane

Hi Kasia and thank you for the detailed reply. I apologize for my delayed respnse. I've figured out how to incorporate all the features I needed. I'll lay them out for anyone else with a similar challenge. Unfortunately I could not work it with only WPMUDEV plugins, but such is life.
    For multisite I utilized Pro-sites
    For Ecommerce I utilized Woocommerce. I really like Marketpress, but woocommerce just has so many addons etc ... out there that it was needed to meet the functionality.
    For memberships I utilized Paid membership pro
    For affiliate sales I utilized AffiliateWP .
    With all of these plugins I used various addons to accomplish my needs and after many hours of playing around and tweaking them (all on surface no coding) I was able to get them all to work in unison as needed. Final product is still coming along, but all in all I'm extremely pleased. Additionally I have used many WPMUDEV Plugins in various places to offer extra services etc to clients as well as special functions for our site.
    Thanks!!!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.