trying to determine what I can do to fix my production site

I'm on a very old version of marketpress because the new one (3.0) broke my site due to it's lack of product categories being defined in the permalink/slug section .... so everyone of my urls were broken. I'm testing on another site of mine and now, I don't have the store base slug showing in the url either... my url is http://tristadeleon.com/scentsy/suri-seahorse , but it should be http://tristadeleon.com/buy/scentsy/suri-seahorse , again this is a test site as I'm trying to determine what I can do to fix my production site (scentswarmers.com)

The old setup I have is like this :

but after version 3, there is no product category url setting, which will destroy my site.. I'm not sure how other people got around this

tristajensen

So let me make sure I get this right, in order for me to upgrade to markepress 3+ -
    I will have to create new store pages to match those that I already have (virtually) -
    AND since you did away with the product categories slug:
    I will have to create a single page for every single one of my categories and apply a shortcode on that page in order to continue to display the category pages? That should be a lot of fun since I have 86 of them. Please tell me there's a way around this....
    Will my CSS stay the same from 'icons' theme in marketpress 2.9 ???

Panos

Hi tristajensen ,

Hope you are doing well today

MarketPress 3 does have product categories:

What you are sharing in your description are the store pages, which are pages that the plugin uses. In MarketPress 3 you can set these pages from admin > Store Settings > Presentation.

Regarding your categories, you can set the "Products List" to a page with slug "site.com/store/products" (this is set by default if you follow MP installation guide.) . Now you categories you have a url: yourstie.com/store/products/category/your-category-slug/

You can set these store pages to so they have the slugs that you prefer to use. By default the pages are
    Store (Parent page)
    > Products
    > Cart
    > Checkout
    > Order status

You can modify their titles and slugs as any other page.

I would first recommend to try MarketPress 3 out in a testing site.

Please let me know if I am missing something here

Thanks!

tristajensen

My url needs to remain the same as it is in this old version - A category page is like this
    /buy/scentsy/products/premium-warmers
    which is store base, Products List, product category base, then the actual product category.

The Single page product is like this -
    /buy/scentsy/charity-warmer
    which is store base, Products List, Product
    That's how it worked in 2.9.4 and I cannot change the url to all my products... so how would I achieve this ???

I have been testing mp 3 on a test site for over a month.. so much is broken. My css styling no longer works.. my permalinks are now all messed up... this is so much work just for an upgrade... I have an active site with a lot of products.. I work full time along with doing this site and I don't have time to spend trying to figure all this out..

Panos

Hi tristajensen ,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with MP3.

First thing to do is set the store page. Please go to admin > Store Settings > Presentation and scroll down to "Store Pages" section.

In the Store page add the page you want to use as your store base and that should have the slug buy in it's permalink. If you have the default page it should have store, you can edit it's slug and change it to buy:

Similar do the same for "Products List" page, and change slug from products to scentsy.

One note here ragarding these pages. In case you are creating new pages instead of editing default ones, they should contain some shortcodes. So, again only in case you are creating new pages, please make sure you are using the correct shortcodes.

In order to change the category please add the following snippet in a mu-plugin or your theme's functions.php:

add_filter( 'mp_register_product_category', function( $product_category ){

return array(
    			'hierarchical'      => true,
    			'labels'            => array(
    				'name'                       => _x( 'Product Categories', 'product_category', 'mp' ),
    				'singular_name'              => _x( 'Product Category', 'product_category', 'mp' ),
    				'all_items'                  => __( 'All Product Categories', 'mp' ),
    				'edit_item'                  => __( 'Edit Product Category', 'mp' ),
    				'view_item'                  => __( 'View Product Category', 'mp' ),
    				'update_item'                => __( 'Update Product Category', 'mp' ),
    				'add_new_item'               => __( 'Add New Product Category', 'mp' ),
    				'new_item_name'              => __( 'New Product Category Name', 'mp' ),
    				'parent_item'                => __( 'Parent Product Category', 'mp' ),
    				'parent_item_colon'          => __( 'Parent Product Category:', 'mp' ),
    				'search_items'               => __( 'Search Product Categories', 'mp' ),
    				'separate_items_with_commas' => __( 'Separate product categories with commas', 'mp' ),
    				'add_or_remove_items'        => __( 'Add or remove product categories', 'mp' ),
    				'choose_from_most_used'      => __( 'Choose from the most used product categories', 'mp' ),
    				'not_found'                  => __( 'No product categories found', 'mp' ),
    			),
    			'capabilities'      => array(
    				'manage_terms' => 'manage_product_categories',
    				'edit_terms'   => 'manage_product_categories',
    				'delete_terms' => 'manage_product_categories',
    				'assign_terms' => 'edit_products'
    			),
    			'show_ui'           => true,
    			'show_admin_column' => true,
    			'rewrite'           => array(
    				'with_front' => false,
    				'slug'       => mp_store_page_uri( 'products', false ) . 'products',
    			),
    		);

}, 10 );

Then go to admin > Settings > permalinks and click save.

In case you need further assistance could you provide admin and ftp info? You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Thanks!