trying to edit wp-config using plugin

I installed this plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-config-file-editor/

I'm trying to find where i got to actually edit the file. Also the Editor section under appearance apepars to not be present.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Corn,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

In order to edit the "wp-config.php" file directly you would want to go to the "WPCF Editor -> Raw Editing" page in your site's dashboard. The plugin however let's you edit data from the "wp-config.php" file (and some other as well) indirectly via forms on "WPCF Editor -> WPCF Editor" page.

Please note though that keeping such a plugin installed and enabled on a live site may create a serious security risk as anybody that gets admin access to your site's backend would be able to also access to the "wp-config.php" file.

As for the "Editor" section under "Appearance" menu. This can either be disabled via "wp-config.php" file or the theme that you are using (or one of the plugins) is disabling it.

If it's disabled using "wp-config.php" file you will find following line in that file:

define('DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT',true);

if that line is not there it means that either the theme or one of the plugins is blocking it.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.