trying to edit wp-config using plugin

I installed this plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-config-file-editor/

I'm trying to find where i got to actually edit the file. Also the Editor section under appearance apepars to not be present.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Corn,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

In order to edit the "wp-config.php" file directly you would want to go to the "WPCF Editor -> Raw Editing" page in your site's dashboard. The plugin however let's you edit data from the "wp-config.php" file (and some other as well) indirectly via forms on "WPCF Editor -> WPCF Editor" page.

Please note though that keeping such a plugin installed and enabled on a live site may create a serious security risk as anybody that gets admin access to your site's backend would be able to also access to the "wp-config.php" file.

As for the "Editor" section under "Appearance" menu. This can either be disabled via "wp-config.php" file or the theme that you are using (or one of the plugins) is disabling it.

If it's disabled using "wp-config.php" file you will find following line in that file:

define('DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT',true);

if that line is not there it means that either the theme or one of the plugins is blocking it.

Best regards,
    Adam