Trying to get a donation range in Fundraiser

Setting up a donation with a reward is no problem. But what about someone that wants to make a donation amount that is not being shown, and they also want to do it without receiving a reward? I have rewards set up at some different levels, but I would love to be able to have a way for a user to make a donation in the range of $25.00- $5,000.00 WITH NO REWARD. Just a cash donation of their own choosing. Is there a way to do this?

Milan

Hello petemarovich,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us.

There isn't out of box way of setting range for donation amount, but with little bit of custom work, this could be possible. But before we go for it, let me first simplify your requirement.

You want your all user to fund you in between $25.00- $5,000.00 amount right ? Those who enter less amount than 25.00 or greater than 5,000.00 should be stopped. Is this sound right ?

Waiting for your valuable reply.
    Cheers,
    Milan

petemarovich

Basically, I would like it if it was one of the options in a fundraiser panel.

So then I could create something like this...

$25-$500.00 - Donation with NO Reward

$50 - 8x10 Postcard

$150 - 8x10 Print

$250 - 11x14 Print

As an alternative, please look at the page "Support this Project" here:
    http://searchingfordreamstreet.org/support-this-project/

Above the Fundraiser, panel I have created a button so someone can make a donation of any amount.
    Will donations using this button credit the same fundraiser that is in the panel below it? Is there a way to make that happen instead of making it an option in the panel?

I would be happy with whichever is easier for you to accomplish.

PLEASE NOTE: There have been a couple of minor edits to the plugin files on my site. If you work on them PLEASE DO NOT REPLACE THE ONES ON THE SITE. Edit them only.

Thanks!

Predrag Dubajic

Hey Peter,

With the donation input field there will be no reward assigned to that pledge, so I would say that the easiest way to do this is to change the current text from Choose a Reward Above to something like Choose a Reward Above or enter custom amount without reward.

PLEASE NOTE: There have been a couple of minor edits to the plugin files on my site. If you work on them PLEASE DO NOT REPLACE THE ONES ON THE SITE. Edit them only.

We would never modify files without user permission, and WP editor tool is not reliable way of editing files so if we do need to make adjustments to your files we would ask for FTP access

Best regards,
    Predrag

petemarovich

I have a solution set up on my fundraiser page:

My question is, will that button (THE ONE BEFORE THE REWARD PANEL) credit the same fundraiser as the reward panel below it?

I want that button to cause the donor counter and the total donated to increase as if the user chose to receive a reward.

Will it do that as is, or does the button need an edit?

This seems like the simplest solution since once someone selects something in the rewards panel, there is no way to deselect it without selecting another reward.

Milan

Hello petemarovich,

I hope you are having a good day.

My question is, will that button (THE ONE BEFORE THE REWARD PANEL) credit the same fundraiser as the reward panel below it?

Actually when you create reward for your any fundraiser, it gets associated with that particular Fundraiser. So when someone donate for that reward, it credits same fundraiser. So Yes, in context of your this fundraiser,

reward panel and "Back this project" button will credit fundraiser named "Support This Project"

I want that button to cause the donor counter and the total donated to increase as if the user chose to receive a reward.

Will it do that as is, or does the button need an edit?

In theory, button should affect donor counter and total donated increase, but as I am facing one possible bug with paypal sandbox, I would like you to be sure with this simple test.
    #1) Open private fundraiser which I've created for you. ( name is "Test" )
    #2) Closely notice reward amount. I've set it to "0.01", its very low amount and is enough to test with live paypal account.
    #3) Now view that fundraiser while logged in and keep note of total donor count and total donated amount.
    #4) Select reward of "0.01" and complete whole transaction.
    #5) Let me know if this updates donor count and total donated amount or not.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

TrueHammer

OK, just to clarify, I am looking to have a set of rewards, plus a "select own amount" for a campaign...

I have donation field, followed by radio buttons for the pledge, followed by a radio button for "none" £0. If I select a reward or "none" I am unable to set a different amount in the donation field and progress to completion...

I think this is more or less the same question, but not sure I understood the answers!

BTW - is there EVER going to be any progress on adding the stripe gateway to Fundraising and or variable rewards (ie a t-shirt as one of several rewards which could be different sizes!)

Predrag Dubajic

Hi TrueHammer,

Changing the value when None is selected is possible and it works fine on my installation, not sure why it doesn't work on yours.

It would be best if you could start a new thread for your issue, link this one in there and we can deal with it separately.
      It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.
      This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:
      https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

BTW - is there EVER going to be any progress on adding the stripe gateway to Fundraising and or variable rewards (ie a t-shirt as one of several rewards which could be different sizes!)

We currently don't have any ETA for next big update for Fundraiser that would include additional features.

Best regards,
      Predrag