Trying to get my form plugin to work with Membership

I have a form plugin for WebDorado, I like them, but I like your membership plugin A LOT and trying to get them to work together.

They said I needed to ask;
You need to connect Sign up button with the form page. Firstly publish the from on a page and have the Sign up click action to take it to the mentioned page. If you need help on this you need to ask your plugin developer on where to change the action (hit) URL. Thanks."

Basically, when I have a new visitor want to join my site as one of the membership groups, they go to the registration page, pick the membership they want, click the sign-up button, and then it takes them to Wordpress user registration form, and instead of that form, I'd want the other WebDorado form.

Thanks.

• Jude

Hey Brian

Hope all is well with you and you are having a great week !

Here is some code that can help you, simply replace the gravity form with your own shortcode

https://gist.github.com/JudeRosario/bac5c0f4beed69215230

Insert that into either your theme's functions.php, or you can insert it as a mu-plugin.

To create an mu-plugin, go to your /wp-content/ folder via FTP, and find the folder called "mu-plugins". If there is no folder with that name, then you'll want to create one. Then, create a file inside that folder, and give the file any name you like (making sure the file as an extension of .php, e.g. example.php) and paste the code in there.

You don't need to activate that plugin, as it will be always be automatically activated. Please be sure to add a PHP start tag at the beginning of the code if you insert this code as a mu-plugin, like this:

<?php

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a fantastic day !

Cheers
    Jude

• Brian

Spent 20 minutes writing a post explaining how I had screwed it up and needed help.

Then decided to try one more thing, put the stupid <?php right at the front of the github code.

got it to work and was excited, but I may have spoken too soon.

I got the form to load, but it won't let me click submit. I contacted the form maker developers, but then decided to try just the form on a page. On a regular post, the form submitted fine and registered the individual fine. But not when clicking through on registration links for membership.

So I'm not sure if it is a form problem or a membership problem, but I am sure it is probably quite easy to fix.

• Brian

OK. I'm back.
    I've been working with the form developers themselves for the past few weeks to try and fix this.
    The PHP allows the form to be displayed, but the form can't be clicked.
    I tried to modify the PHP, and think I did, because my Form Maker form displays, but there is now some type of javascript error so that the form won't submit. I've tried working with them, but since their basic response is they don't understand the PHP and that PHP was written for 'Gravity Form', not 'Form Maker', they can't help fix it... I think that is strange, but I'm hoping maybe you have some idea.

'Form Maker' does allow me to register people, but only if I send them specifically to a registration page, as opposed to letting them try to register for the Member level they want, and then popping up with the WordPress registration.

Thank you for any help/advice/suggestions. I can activate the PHP script so you can see the 2 forms, how they will then be identical, but the one arrived at directly from signing up for a class does not allow submission.

Thanks again.

Brian

• Brian

I never heard back, have no idea how to fix it, and so yeah, the issue is still there.
    I have figured out a sort of work around, but it was rather bothersome how neither the maker of the form plugin bothered to try to figure out how to make it work with Membership 2 when I gave them the code you guys gave me to get Gravity Form to work (even though I said I was using a different form then), nor you guys when I gave you the requests they made to help them figure out why it wasn't working.

So yeah, if you can help me fix the question I asked a month ago, I am still very interested in getting this fixed.

• Brian

The good news is, that the reason I really needed this doesn't seem to be needed... it would still be incredibly useful, but I'm not feeling I might be losing potentially a lot of money by not being able to capture the employee ID number when people register on my site.
    That is pretty much the only thing I need; if you know of a way when someone registers on my site to sign up for a Membership level, if there can be an additional field to collect "Employee ID and Manager Name" that is all I need.

Thank you.

• James Morris

Hello Brian,

OH! Well adding an extra field to the Membership 2 registration form is actually quite easy!

If you install Cimy User Extra Fields you can specify your EID field to be added to the profile and registration form and even make it required.

See Screenshots:
    https://goo.gl/ea9kst
    https://goo.gl/CYn0QM
    https://goo.gl/zqK4JN

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Mahlamusa

Hello Brian,

I hope you are doing great today, I have noticed that we haven't had a reply from you since my colleague James posted a suggestion on his last reply above.

Did you try James' suggestion? Did you find it useful or you are still looking for help with the same issues you reported on this thread? Please let us know if you still need help and we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Enjoy your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa