Trying to hide post meta

I am developing a new website for my schooI and am trying to hide the post meta on the posts below the image slider on the homepage. Unfortunately, everything I have tried to far hides the post content when the user opens the post's actual page.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Brenton

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not sure if you're testing something now or not because I currently can see post meta for only two posts there and if I enter any of them, there's entire title and post meta part missing but based on these two posts on front that do have meta displayed, I think this CSS would do the trick for you:

.home .blogtitle p {display:none;}

You can add it to the site via "Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS' or via some "custom css" option of your current theme (if there's any). It would affect only a homepage but not other pages on site.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Brenton,

Using .home in CSS selector will do two things, first one is that the .home class is specific to your homepage so the code will only be applied on that page and not across the site.
    Second thing is that adding .home will make the selector more specific than just ".blogtitle p" selector.
    So if you have both .blogtitle p and .home .blogtitle p the second one will be more important than the first and those CSS rules will prevail.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.