Trying to install through the Dashboard, results in Error

I'm trying to install plugins through the WPMUDev Dashboard, but I'm constantly getting Error (hovering over it just gives me a 2px gray border, no info).

I've deactivated and reactivated the plugin, also removed the key and re-added it. No changes.

Any idea how I can fix this?

---

PS the form for adding a new topic/ticket works terrible. I had to re-try three times because after getting an error (not having a site/plugin selected makes it impossible to send the form).

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there, hope you are well! :slight_smile:

I'm trying to install plugins through the WPMUDev Dashboard, but I'm constantly getting Error

And the error is?

PS the form for adding a new topic/ticket works terrible. I had to re-try three times because after getting an error (not having a site/plugin selected makes it impossible to send the form).

And the error here?

Could you provide some screenshots of it happening as well?

That should help me see the exact issue so I can try to replicate and debug.

Take care.

• Hiranthi
    I'm trying to install plugins through the WPMUDev Dashboard, but I'm constantly getting Error

And the error is?

I already mentioned that:

(hovering over it just gives me a 2px gray border, no info).

That's all I get, it doesn't state what went wrong. It just gives me "{warning icon} Error" in red and nothing else.

And the error here?

Just the error that you don't have field X selected (the first time I tried I didn't notice that there were fields added, plugin & site in this case). So the error that's going above the form. After getting that I was unable to send the form and had to copy what I typed, re-load the page and try again.
    So it's just as I mentioned (albeit a bit short so I can understand you took this as obvious):

not having a site/plugin selected makes it impossible to send the form

• Timothy Bowers

I already mentioned that:

(hovering over it just gives me a 2px gray border, no info).

Ah I see, with you saying you got an error I was expecting some error output. But you mean little red error appeared. Sorry, I misunderstood.

I've seen this reported before thinking about so went looking and found:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/get-an-error-when-i-try-to-install-plugins-from-the-dev-dashboard

But there was nothing on that one, so I continue to look and found this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cant-dowload-plugins-with-the-wpmudev-dasboard

That user found a conflict with:

That did the trick. There was a woocommerce extension plugin that prevented the plugin download. It's called WooCommerce Cart Add-Ons .

Just wondering if you perhaps you have the same plugin?

If not could you debug by disabling all your plugins?

If it then works please trying activating each one, one at a time until the issue comes back. That should let us know where the conflict might be.

You could also test the same with the theme and use Twenty Eleven just to test.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks.

• Hiranthi

I'm not using WooCommerce or any WooCommerce related plugin. I just re-updated all plugins and tried to install the Appointments+ plugin through the link that was in the notice, it got me this error"

Onverwachte fout. Er is iets mis met de configuratie van WordPress of van deze server. Als het probleem blijft voorkomen, probeer dan de WordPress support forums.

Which means something like this:

Unexpected error. There is something wrong with the configuration of WordPress or of this server. If the problem persists, try the WordPress support forums.

I've been trying to install through the Network dashboard btw.

--

I then Network deactivated all non-WPMUDEV plugins and I was able to install Appointments+ (ok, it didn't install it, but that was only because I already had it installed ("target folder already exists"), would be nice if the notices would check that btw).

So I activated one of the just deactivated plugins and tried to install a plugin through the WPMUDEV Dashboard (etc.). When I reactivated (network activation) Premise I got the ERROR again.
    Would be nice if it would say something, even if it was just "An unknown error occured" or something like that.

What's odd is that I reactivated all other plugins (so I kept Premise deactivated) and I got the error again. Deactivated all non-WPMUDEV plugins again and the error vanished. It appears that Relevanssi Premium also gives a conflict (which is odd, since I had that one reactivated before Premise and it did work then..).

Tested with reactivating Premise and have Relevanssi Premium deactivated and suddenly Premise wasn't the issue anymore....

--

So, in short: there are weird things happening here...

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

You will also need to include details, like have you tried testing for plugin conflicts as was the case on one of the above mentioned threads?

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.