Trying to make a color background change

On my site I want to remove the background color from the registration form or just change it to #FFFFFF.

I am using Firefox Web Developer Tools and I see the entry I need to change (attached) but register does not appear to be a .css file. Maybe a .php file? In either case I cannot find it anywhere.

Under style menu in the Developer Tools it reads as follows...

#content .standard-form { Register#2 (Line 54)
-moz-border-radius:6px 6px 6px 6px;
background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
border-color:#CCCCCC #999999 #999999 #CCCCCC;
border-style:solid;
border-width:1px;
float:left;
margin:0;
padding:3%;
width:93%;
}

If I can find the css file to make my changes that is all I will need for now. Please see attached.

P.S. I had to resize the attachment because the last one failed. Hopefully this one will still make my point.

• Mason

Hiya drdave,

Is there any way we can get a link?

I want to remove the background color from the registration form or just change it to #FFFFFF.

It looks like from the code you posted and the screengrab that the background IS white. I think you're using the Blogs MU theme with BuddyPress, but it'd be great if you could provide that info as well anytime you start a new post.

If that's the case, then it looks like you're setup:
    background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    That's white!

Right now, I'm just not clear as to the issue, but if you can give me a link, I'm sure I can help you get this figured out quickly. :smiley:

• drdave

It is the Blog-Mu theme not sure why you did not see it because I did enter Blog-Mu from the selection list before posting. Maybe I should always put it in the body of my post. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't but I assume if I select it that the staff will see it. No problem though next time I will just add it in the body.

And yes BuddyPress w/WPMU.

Sorry that is Firebug I used not Web Dev but again I snapshot what I tested in Firebug. That is why I was able to come up with the results you see.

I do apologize for not been able to send a link to the actual site (client orders, legal stuff) and why I sent the snapshot.

If you can help from that snapshot fine If that is not sufficient then unfortunately I cannot do much more at the moment as my hands are tied as stated above.

And I added the extra note in my initial post because the larger file size will not upload to your forums so I had to cut it in half in order to send it.

Thanks

• Mason

The only reason you need !important is if you want to interrupt the normal flow of the CSS rules. It's not considered a "best practice" to use, is that the whole point of "cascading" stylesheets is to follow the flow of rules. I find that in some instances where CSS has been put into a plugin, it is better to drop in a rule into the CSS rather than edit the plugin.

Anyway, if you've got the results you're after then you should be good to go! :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.