Trying to Remove Annoying Plugin Install Nag

Hey Team,

Want to remove this dumb nag that won't go away unless I install the plugin which I do not need at all. Site is the first site I registered with you guys.

Please help :slight_smile:

Cheers

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi greg,

Hope you're well?

i'm not familiar with that, but that would most likely require some editing in the plugin. In Woocommerce plugin, do you have any settings related to Groups at all? if so, try turning them off.

However, the groups plugin is a requirement for the Groups woocommerce plugin which you do actually have installed, this means that the groups woocommerce plugin will not work correctly without activating the groups plugin as it will actually rely on the groups plugin for many functions..

So the only way you can get rid of that message is to eitherde-activate the groups woocommerce plugin or activate the groups plugin.

Hope this helps

• Greg
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I don’t need it since my theme does not need groups plugin, it uses the WC Groups but the groups plugin is completely pointless for my need. But I’m trying to remove that nag by either css or functions.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

You’ll probably need to edit the plugin code for this.

The notification is an error class, so if you target that with CSS, then unfortunately, it would remove all error notices on your site, not just that notice.

You could use our ultimate branding plugin and then add the following CSS to the custom admin CSS options.

.wp-admin .wrap .error {
    display: none;
    }

But take note, than this will then remove all error notices from plugins.

Hope this helps

• Greg

Hello @vaughan

Appreciate your help! I will try your solution if I can’t find a code based to do this. My site carries so many plugins as it is, I was trying to remove it by css or functions if possible. Any suggestions with any plugin help?

Cheers

• Greg

Removed via adding to admin branding plugin custom css, however would love to hear your solution should you have one.

Would prefer your solution since mine shows it then hides it seconds later. Doesn’t look professional.

Cheers

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi

I’m trying to work on a better solution that will not require editing the plugin code, that could possibly be done by use of a custom function in the theme or a mu-plugin.

However, you could edit the following;

open up & edit the following file

/wp-content/plugins/groups-woocommerce/lib/core/class-groups-ws.php

find the following on line 154.

self::$admin_messages[] = "<div class='error'>" . __( '<em>Groups WooCommerce</em> needs the <a href="http://www.itthinx.com/plugins/groups/" target="_blank">Groups</a> plugin. Please install and activate it.', GROUPS_WS_PLUGIN_DOMAIN ) . "</div>";

Then add 2 // before the line so it reads

//self::$admin_messages[] = "<div class='error'>" . __( '<em>Groups WooCommerce</em> needs the <a href="http://www.itthinx.com/plugins/groups/" target="_blank">Groups</a> plugin. Please install and activate it.', GROUPS_WS_PLUGIN_DOMAIN ) . "</div>";

This should remove the notice, however, you will need to keep doing this each time you update the plugin. Hopefully I can come up with a better solution that will do this without the need to edit the plugin.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Try this. (you’ll need to remove all the other changes though to notice it.)

Unzip the attached zip and upload the file Remove_Admin_Notices.php

upload to /wp-content/mu-plugins

If mu-plugins folder doesn’t exist, create it :slight_smile:

Hopefully that should sort it, and you’ll be safe even after you update the plugins in future (unless they change the class names in the plugin in future updates, though that rarely happens)

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.