Trying to setup Subscription with a Free Trial

Dear,

We have trouble to setup and understand the flow for a Membership 2 PRO Subscription with a FREE Trial period.

Basically, after user selects a subscription and register an account he gets the following message Please check the details of the membership below and click on the relevant button to complete the signup. and he can see the "Signup" button - see the attached screen shot.

What confuses us, user is asked to signup again. Although, as per our understanding, user already signed up for a subscription by selecting it before registering his account.

Unlike from the Subscription with a Free Trial a Subscription with no Trial period is working fine, just after registering, user is sent to a PayPal website for a payment.

Regards,

• Samir
    • Flash Drive

I've forgot to mention.

Even when user click on the Signup button, nothing happen, the following message appears Your request to join the membership was successfully received! The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status., see the screen shot please.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Samir,

Your settings are looking fine - I wasn't able to test process on your site to double check is everything is OK, because you have enabled maintenance mode for website.
    What you see when registering for membership is correct behaviour - yes, members first choose membership by clicking "sing up" and then they are confirming their choice.
    So the second sign up button is no error - even the message - it is all standardised to fit all gateways (free gateway for trials is also kind of payment gateway).
    If you click link under the last message on Thank-You page you will see it redirects to the account page where member will see that his subscription is working and it is still on trial.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Samir
    • Flash Drive

Kasia,

Thank you for your reply.

I understood everything you wrote and I confirm to understand the process described above.

However, what I do not understand is what happens after the trial period expires.

My guess is, when the trial period expires, users should log but from there I am confused, because clicking on the sing up button again does not seem to do what I expect...

For your purpose, you can temporarily disable maintenance if you would like to test... but then again after you finish enable the maintenance mode again, to do that navigate to Theme Options >>> General.

Thanks,

Samir

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Samir,

My guess is, when the trial period expires, users should log but from there I am confused, because clicking on the sing up button again does not seem to do what I expect...

When trial is expired this is time for member to decide if he want to go with membership or just drop it - so members logs in, goes to account page, see in the table with is memberships that his trial is over (he has no access to the content) - and there are invoices for the membership - if he clicks on his invoice for this membership he has button to pay the invoice. Because this time he goes to payment gateway that is handling real money, confirmation is necessary during the checkout. I know this is lots of clicking, but this is because people need to be sure what they are buying and paying.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Samir
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kasia,

Unfortunately it didn't went well. I was literally waiting for one day for my daily subscription - one day trial period to expire in order to check what will happen once I log in.

Then I logged in and after click on the sign up button it did not sent me to PayPal to proceed with the payment...

Image 1
    Shows that registered user has been moved from being trial to subscribed straight after his trial period expired - which is weird, because at that point user did not sign up to continue with the subscription.

Image 2
    Shows account details as we as he invoice, where user should click.

Image 3
    Shows the details of the invoice and the Sign Up button where user did click to proceed with the subscription.

Image 4
    Shows the usual message about the payment gateway....but the user was not sent to the PayPal as this subscription is set to work with PayPal standard.

Image 5
    Shows updated user account details....

Please note: As you have acknowledged already payment gateway is set correctly and looks fine if used with a subscription where there is no trial period - but once the trial period is in play it causes above described issues...

Regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.