Trying to setup test environment to move to Membership plugin

Hosted at Hostgator.
Currently using S2Member and am setting up a test environment on hosting account to run a trial migration over the WPMU Membership Plugin.
Am trying to export/import my existing db in cPanel/phpMyAdmin. The export process seems fine (download sql file is about 70MB) but when I try to import it into test db I get the following error ...
-----
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$' at line 1
-----
It's weird cause it's the file that it just exported.

I've Googled for over an hour now and can't find anything related. Am wondering if you guys have a SQL person there who can help?

Thanks,
James

• James

Hi Ari,

Yes it is an uncompressed .sql file. Size is 72MB. I simply downloaded it to the desktop, then tried to upload to the test db. No editing at all.

I have a second WP db (_wrdp2) on the hosting account which was used as a test environment to setup a new theme that I implemented in November. I can successfully download that as a .sql file and it uploads fine to the test db.

It's just the main db (_wrdp1) that has the problem.

James

• James

OK, so have been playing around and testing and found the following ...

If I remove this DELIMITER section from row 1, it will import fine
    -----

DELIMITER $$
    --
    -- Procedures
    --
    $$

$$

$$

$$

$$

$$

$$

$$

--
    -- Functions
    --
    CREATE DEFINER=modgicia@localhost FUNCTION get_complete_path(s varchar(255),d varchar(255)) RETURNS varchar(255) CHARSET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci
    DETERMINISTIC
    BEGIN
    DECLARE i int ;
    declare p varchar(255);
    SET i = LOCATE('%appdata%/',d);
    set p=SUBSTRING(d,i+10);
    return if(i=0,null,concat(p,if(right(p,1)='/','','/') , SUBSTRING_INDEX(s,'/',-1)));
    END$$

DELIMITER ;
    -----

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.