trying to snapshot site, have done everything from previous threads, still getting

hi
i am trying to do backup site, have done everything from previous threads still getting <empty response> . i have spent a lot of time doing what you said. i tried to backup without wp-content, i got 405 not allowed. i have enabled support, could you please check this out for me?
thanks in advance!
ross

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ross,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "405" error translates to "Method not allowed", which means that one of the HTTP connection (query) methods is not accepted by the server. Usually it is GET or POST method used in some specific content, in that case it would most likely be a call - or too many subsequent calls - to an admin-ajax.php script (AJAX calls).

That can be caused by a number of reasons but most often is related to the server configuration. However, I would like to take a look at your site first to make sure about it. The support access to it doesn't seem to be granted though. You mentioned that you did grant it so it's possible that something went wrong during the process (it happens very rarely but it does) so could you please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's admin area and make user that access is granted?

If it's not, just enable it. If it says it is, please revoke it and then grant again. Let me know when you're done with it please and I'll access and check the site.

Best regards,
    Adam

• ross

hi adam. thanks for a very fast reply.
    i have clicked the grant support button and i just clicked it again. it does not say if it is granted or not?
    i would send a link to a screencast. but there is no way to keep links private is there on here. as it is now my sites has turned off search engine option, and one of these support tickets is what comes up for my site. which if there is any way to fix this separate problem let me know, but yes i did click to grant access. if this is not working what should i do?
    thanks
    ross

• Dimitris

Hey there ross,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

It's true, I can't see an active support access in either of the two sites you've installed WPMUDEV Dashboard. :thinking: You should be seeing something like the following image

Are there any error messages instead? Please advise!

Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.