Trying to test popover, but DB not clearing, not loading on page

WP 3.3.1
popover 3.1
multisite subdomain setup
custom domains ie. http://www.mydomain.com = mydomain.mainsite.com

Desired result - manage popovers for each site independently of others

When I couldn't get it to work first attempt I read through forum and tried to editcode/deactivate/uninstall/reinstall and systematically test various approaches.

However -- testing is sort of screwy because deactivating and uninstalling the plugin is not clearing the database -- the options tables for the different sites still include the data... and the popover is still not working with or without editing PO_GLOBAL code

I tried to test with simple text in the 'popover content', and with settings like not logged in, viewed number of times (one setting at a time), it isn't loading at all -- I looked at view source for text not there. IE, Firefox and Chrome, different domains

so... I would really like to use this plugin...

1) how do you completely remove it (tables etc) and start over

2) Desired result - manage popovers for each site independently of others:

Is this correct:
Network Admin - add new plugins - upload - plugin.zip - network activate
(installed into wp-contents/plugins)

go to each site admin - settings - popover and set it up

OR
Network Admin - add new plugins - upload - plugin.zip - DON'T network activate
go to each site plugins - activate, then admin - settings - popover and set it up

AND do we 'comment out' the PO_GLOBAL code or change from 'true' to 'false' or leave alone if 'false'?

It would be helpful if the instructions for this were more complete --
for example, even saying something like 'add your image' is a bit opaque when "popover content" in settings doesn't have any editing menu ...

PS: shortcodes? needed

Please advise

• aecnu

Greetings tripvendor :slight_smile:

If you do not mind lets start with your database clearing so to speak.

Though there are many ways to manage databases i.e. phpMyadmin etc. I personally recommend what I believe is the greatest of all for this task Navicat

The Plugin works flawlessly on our personal web site can you see it?

The reason I ask is because the Pop Up Plugin relies on JavaScript and if you cannot see it when visiting our site then we know it is a browser/javascript issue.

Please let me know what the URL is to your web site so that I may make a visit to see if I see it.

In addition, please set the Active Rules --> Visitor is not logged in

Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings tripvendor :slight_smile:

well the correct installation (network or per site activation) is relevant to what you want.

However, we set it up so it was just per site activation, otherwise it would show on every site and every site would need to configure it or else they get if I remember correctly a blank box ..... lol

Sorry about the IP thing, the security on that server is really tight and it must have been attacked by something within that IP block 199.58.165.0/24 or even 199.58.0.0/16 - nothing personal I can assure you.

Joe :slight_smile:

• tripvendor

As I stated in the original post -- the desired result is to manage each site individually

Please provide specific instructions for installation

Desired result - manage popovers for each site independently of others:
    Is this correct:
    OR
    go to each site plugins - activate, then admin - settings - popover and set it up

AND
    do we 'comment out' the PO_GLOBAL code or change from 'true' to 'false' or leave alone if 'false'?

thanks

• aecnu

Greetings tripvendor,

Desired result - manage popovers for each site independently of others:
    Is this correct:

No you do not want to network activate to attain your expressed goal

Yes.

OR

Correct.

AND
    do we 'comment out' the PO_GLOBAL code or change from 'true' to 'false' or leave alone if 'false'?

For blog by blog control - comment out the PO_GLOBAL line at the top of the plugin file.

Please let us know if this does not resolve your problem by reopening this ticket below marking it as not resolved. Also please indicate if there are any new symptoms or errors.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.