Trying to use the In Post Ads but they aren't showing

Trying to use the In Post Ads but they aren't showing on the test site: saverocity.com/products I created a simple ad with text 'Ad Code' in it to check position but not showing at all.

Second question, if I can get it working, what is required to make the ad adsense?

Have already deactivated plugins.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Matthew, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, were the plugins disabled the ones on the subsite only, or would the network activated plugins be included in the list as well?

Also, in the midst of the disabling of plugins, did you also try switching the theme for this test site to the Twenty Fourteen theme temporarily, to see if the slides worked properly then?

As for this question:

Second question, if I can get it working, what is required to make the ad adsense?

One member had suggested using the WP Simple Adsense Insertion plugin in the past to turn the Adsense code into a shortcode, and then insert said shortcode into a In Post ad:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-there-a-way-i-can-get-the-in-post-ads-to-work-with-google-adsense#post-660943

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Matthew
    • Flash Drive

Hi Michael,

Good point thanks! I actually only uninstalled sub-sites. Found a conflict with Adsense Click Fraud Plugin, but it's more than that and I'm not sure what else it might be...

Theme works, I tried a dummy site with the same and I got it running, I'm just a bit baffled as to what it might be.

PS - word to the wise, apparently deactivated Yoast SEO to test screws up permalinks and results in page not found errors throughout...

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Matthew

I hope you are well today.

When you suddenly see a page not found error but it should not be, then resaving permalink from Settings > Permalink should fix the issue :slight_smile:

So, is the issue resolved for you? :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Matthew
    • Flash Drive

I decided to try out another plug in for the ad insertion...

Unlike the one from WPMU you don't need to add another step for Adsense as it is built in, and unlike the one from WPMU it actually works.

Seems that a lot of your plugins have conflicts...

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Matthew

Sorry to hear that you are having problem. Would you please let us know which plugins you are having conflicting issue? You are always welcome to create a thread for any issue and will be happy to help.

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.