T's and C's on Event + plugin

Hi my client is looking for an events plugin and has been specific about a couple of features which I can't see confirmed here:

1. to have to 'agree to ts&cs before checking out using a tick box
2. to be able to stop sign ups several hours before the event (she has to prepare cakes for the event so doesn't want registrations from 12 hours before the course as she won't have time to make more cakes if people register in this time period)

I am using the most recent version of WordPress and will use Divi theme from Elegant themes, but we're at quoting stages so much of this is hypothetical atm.

Best Wishes

Jess

• Nastia

Hello Jessica , hope you're doing well!

1. to have to 'agree to ts&cs before checking out using a tick box

The Events+ plugin doesn't include "Agree to ts&cs" out of the box. Though if you're selling events with the MarketPress plugin you can try the Terms of Service plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/terms-of-service/

The terms of service will display on the signup form. For this, enable Payments via MarketPress Products from Events > Settings > Add-ons.

And within the Store Settings > General enable "Force Login?" option:

2. to be able to stop sign ups several hours before the event (she has to prepare cakes for the event so doesn't want registrations from 12 hours before the course as she won't have time to make more cakes if people register in this time period)

This feature, I'm afraid is not possible out of the box. You can try a custom solution in this case. Hide the RSVP button 12 hours before the event.

This requires some additional PHP knowledge, so I'm flagging our second level developer here to provide you some feedback.

Please note, our developer's response time is longer-than-normal staff response times.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Jessica,

I hope you are doing great today and thank you for your patience with regards to this. Please try the following code, it should achieve what yo are trying to achieve.

<?php
         add_filter( 'eab-rsvps-rsvp_form', function( $content, $event ){

$current_date = strtotime(date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) + 86400;
        $start_date = $event->get_start_timestamp();

if ( $current_date >= $start_date ) {
            return '';
        }

return $content;

}, 10, 2 );

You should add this code to a new PHP file and upload the file to your website in the folder 'wp-content/mu-plugins' so you should have a file like:

'/wp-content/mu-plugins/hide-rsvp.php'

with the above code in it. Please try that and let us know if it works or not.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa