Turn MarketPress into a multisite catalog

Hello, I'm looking to make a catalog that's available to every single site at a specific level. The catalog will not have an "Add to Cart" function, and thus, will not need any "Checking Out". It will simply be a listing of all products available.

I only want this catalog available to Gold members, (I have two levels, silver and gold).

I am doing this because I want a list of all of the products available on every site in the network, but I don't want to recreate the wheel, simply allowing all sites access to the same catalog is ideal

• Sajid

Hi Dooceswild,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, you can create similar site with combination of MarketPress and Membership 2 Pro plugin.

Activate MarketPress plugin network wide and display the products on any site of your network using following shortcodes:
    Welcome to our market place!

Check out our network of products:

[mp_list_global_products]

Browse by category:

[mp_global_categories_list]

Browse by tag:

[mp_global_tag_cloud]

To remove add to cart button, go to Admin -> Store Settings -> General -> Miscellaneous Settings and check the Disable Cart?. This will turn the shopping cart into a catalogue.

Now, activate the Membership 2 and enable network wide protection by adding following code in wp-config.php file.
    define( "MS_PROTECT_NETWORK", true );

This will enable network wide protection, meaning that you can protect any page on your entire network.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Dooceswild

So I just tried and I added a product to my main site in the network (no subdomain) then went to another site in the network (with subdomain) and created a new page, and added your shortcodes and it simply displays the shortcodes instead of the products.

Also, on the main site, there is a list of products, but when I click the product and get the URL /store/products/[product] I get a page not found on the [product] page, but the /store/ and /store/products/ pages work fine.

• Dooceswild

Sorry to keep posting - but I went in and changed the setting in the global settings to allow a global cart, saved, then unchecked it and saved. This allowed the sub-site to show products, however it is showing a lot here with no filterable options. It's basically creating a blog-like structure with full posts of everything, including things like Thank You Page, Store, Shopping Cart, and each product. And every single one has an add to cart button. Along with this, I'm now not able to edit any settings in the global setting because it's wanting my Paypal information for Chained Payments, which I'm not selling anything so this shouldn't be necessary.

• Dooceswild

I have done the changes to membership and I don't see how this helps. I can still see the membership menu item only when I'm in the dashboard from each site. I don't feel like this made a universal change to the membership plugin.

Basically, what I need is a global list of all of the products, and the ONLY ability other users that aren't me get is to add posts. No page editing, nothing. Only if they are a Gold Member. Silver Members get no privileges.

• Sajid

Hi Dooceswild,

First lets figure out the MarketPress part to make it global catalogue and then we will move to protection part using Memberhsip 2 plugin to make things easier for both of us.

Here are the steps you need to follow to enable the catalogue.

1. Activate MarketPress plugin network wide.

2. Now go to your main site and all of your subsites and disable cart from:
    Admin -> Store Settings -> General -> Miscellaneous Settings and check the Disable Cart?

3. Create products on your main and subsites.

4. Go to Network Admin -> Settings -> Store Settings -> Product Indexer and index products.

5. Now, you can display the list of global products catalogue on any of your site on your network using the following shortcode (make sure Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog? option is not enabled from Network Admin -> Settings -> Store Settings -> General Settings).
    [mp_list_global_products]

Once you have this configured then I will give you steps to protect the pages and setup privileges for Gold or Silver members by using Membership 2 Pro plugin.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Dooceswild,

2. Now go to your main site and all of your subsites and disable cart from:
    Admin -> Store Settings -> General -> Miscellaneous Settings and check the Disable Cart?

You need to make this change on all of your subsites on your network including the main site. Have you done this ?

Also, please enable support staff access so I can take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid