Turn off the ability for users to receive group email

Is there a simple way to make it so that group members can never switch off receiving email vi the group email plugin? Or is that already the case.
I might be missing something in the docs, but this is an important feature for us so I need to be certain.
thanx
j

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Johannes Medlock,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

There is option in account settings to disable email notifications but we can simply hide that field by using this CSS code:

#groups-notification-settings tbody tr:last-of-type {
        display: none;
    }

If the theme is not one you made, then you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• janderson
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

That looks like it turns off all notifications? Right?
    I only want to lock the ability to switch off group email from admins.
    I wa expecting basic privileges there but can't find them.
    Can all users in a group use this feature?

thanx!
    j

• janderson

Update.
    Sorry. I realize the privileges are simply the usual. Mod and admin can use the feature, so scratch that. Good. What I wanted.
    But can the users switch off the group email sent by the group email plugin.
    If not, that is perfect.
    thanx
    j

• janderson

Are we clear here I wonder?
    This is not a notification the group email plugin does, but actual ... Well actual group email. Right?
    Are we on the same page? Is that what can be turned off? The group email feature?
    So that users don't get the email sent by the group email from admins and mods?
    Thanx
    J

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Johannes,

I hope you're well today!

There's not many settings for the plugin and since all it does is sending notification by e-mail (e-mail messages) from admins and mods to the members, hiding the option - as my colleague Predrag suggested - should prevent users from switching off those email for them.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jan!

I understand that's the important feature for you. Since the option is enabled by default, there'd be no way for users to switch it off once you hide it the way my colleague @Predrag suggested.

In order to make sure it's on for all users though, you may want to access your database via phpMyAdmin (or similar db manager) and load the "wp_usermeta" table. Using "Search" tool please search for "%notification_groups_email_send%" string as a "meta_key", using "LIKE" operator.

No search results means that the feature is enabled for everyone. In case you find any option with "meta_value" of "no", then just delete it or change it's value to yes.

The SQL query for removing all "opt outs" would then be:

SELECT FROMPREFIX_usermetaWHEREmeta_keyLIKE '%notification_groups_email_send%'

Please be sure to make a full backup of your database prior to running any SQL queries.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.