Tutorial: How To Add FAQ / Q&A from Students to Individual Courses

I have been struggling to find a solution for my students following my online courses in Coursepress Pro, as I was unhappy with the Discussion option included in the software.

I tried a few different things and found a solution which works for me, and may work for you.

1. I've installed a plugin called ULTIMATE FAQ
2. I've created CATEGORIES to match the name of each Training Course
3. Next I created a new UNIT in each Course, and added the 'shortcode' for the FAQ plugin which included the name of the Category
4. I moved the Unit up to be the second Unit in the list, right after the Introduction
5. from the questions I'd received from students, I was able to copy and paste each question into a new FAQ, answer it, and attach the relevant Category to it.

I'm still looking for a way to allow my Students to post questions to me which can show an entire Thread, and have all the questions and my answers visible inside each Course, so they can't be seen by students of OTHER courses -- but CAN be seen and added to by other students in the same course. If anyone's got a solution, I'd love to hear about it :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance
Teena

• Sajid

Hi @Teena

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear the existing discussions board does not match your requirements. Thanks for sharing the workaround solution with the community and lettings us know. We always appreciate the suggestions and feedback of our customers and try to make our plugins according to their requirements. You will see improvements in CoursePress plugin soon.

Howe, I am not sure what method ULTIMATE FAQ is using to display FAQs. If there are some actions and filter hooks then may be it can be done by getting the course students and matching it with logged in user. If logged in member is student of that course then let it see that. But I am afraid this requires a good deal of customization of both plugins that is beyond the level of support we can provide here. If you want this feature then you might need a third party developer to do this job for you. You can hire a good one from custom job development board.

However, I am also leaving this thread open, may be other member of community have done similar thing before that would helpful for you too.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Webgirl42

Hey Sajid,

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Just to clarify -- I am not trying to get the Ultimate FAQ to show ANY student only their own posts.

All I'm doing is showing ONE FAQ category for each Course.

That's it :slight_smile:

Sorry if I didn't explain it very clearly.

All students of the same Course will see ALL the FAQs that I create related to that one Course.

PS -- If I could 'edit' my first post I would, but it seems this system doesn't allow that.

Cheers
    Teena

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.