Tutorial Videos do not look like those advertised.

The poster images on the videos look like they come from microsoft, not anything like the cool gorgeous graphic poster images that are advertised on the WPMUDEV site.

Did I miss the instructions on how to emulate the gorgeous wall grid of videos?
As it is there is an A-Z list of video embeds.
I'm not sure if humans think in terms of learning new things by reading A-Z by title as a linear expression of a new domain of knowledge. Shouldn't there be a sequental list from the basics - foundation and then the detailed other functions so that a user's experience of learning wordpress is building on previous information?

As it is it does not feel like WPMUDEV put any thought into these as an real learning experience geared for success of the user's wordpress "know how" upgrade path.

In closing:
1) Cover images in embed videos are ugly and not at all what is advertised.
2) Videos are ordered like a robot and not user friendly.

Any thoughts?
Did I miss the page where these are actually offered?

Thanks!

L

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Laura O'Reilly

I hope you're having a great day!

The images on WPMU DEV are simply custom placeholder images used to ensure that our marketing assets are consistent across our entire offering.

You can create any type of display you need, on any page of your site, using the video shortcodes. You'll find the full list of shortcodes on the plugin settings page in your admin.

It would be nice to have the option to add your own custom placeholder images for each one in the shortcodes though. So I've moved this to the Features & Feedback forum and have notified the plugin developer of the suggestion.

• Laura O'Reilly
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Awesome!

Thank you,

I just recommended WPMUDEV to a billion dollar apparel brand conglomerate.

In general we are very impressed with much of the WPMUDEV universe.
    Although everything clearly does still needs allot of refinement, it is chock full of potential.

Good luck on all fronts.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.