Tweak Autoblog to post to bbpress

Any ideas on how to maybe tweak Autoblog to enable posting to bbpress?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @tripvendor,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

An "Autoblog" plugin should be able to post to bbPress "out of the box". To set this up you will want to go to edit screen for the feed (for all feeds that you'd like to post to bbPress) and select "Forums", "Topics" or "Replays" from the "Post type for new posts" drop-down list.

Take a look at the screenshot attached to this post, please.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• tripvendor
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi - I'm a little stumped trying to figure out how to assign an incoming Topic to a specific Forum.

the Taxonomies > Assign posts to this category > dropdown doesn't include anything other than standard post categories and can't find anything else to assign a topic to a forum.

I tried changing post type to Forum and Topic and nothing changed. I do have a Forum created.

Looks like we might be stuck with a single Forum which is really sort of unusable like that.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello tripvendor,

Thanks for your replay!

The way it currently works is:

- for "Forums" setting: it will create a new forum
    - for "Topics" and "Replays" you could use "Topic Tags" as "Taxonomies" setting and although you cannot select the category, Autoblog will fetch post categories from feed (if any) and try to assign it to existing bbPress topic tags. If there's a "match" the topic will be assigned properly (assuming that "Topic Tags" do not "overlap" over different forums/topics).

I can see however how this may be inconvenient to use. That said, let me please ask Autoblog developer whether this can be improved somehow. I'll update you with an information here as soon as I get a response from him.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.