TwentySeventeen Import Fails

Just installed WP 4.7 and TwentySeventeen. Gorgeous! However, TwentySeventeen import fails. Import of example.wordpress.xml from old site fails, adds example.wordpress.xml.txt to media library and results in 404 Page Not Found. Is it just me or have other experienced this, too?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Bytique,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

You have exported some content from you other/old WordPress site using "Tools -> Export" feature and now you are trying to import it to your current site using "Tools -> Import -> WordPress Importer" feature, is that correct?

That should not be affected by the theme as it's a core feature and I just successfully exported and re-imported some data on my test setup, so I suppose this is related to this specific setup of yours rather than the WP 4.7 and Twenty Seventeen.

However, in order to make sure about that I would like to take a closer look at your site where that fails. Could you please grant me a support access to the site? Here's a guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please also "zip" your example XML file and upload it to your Media Library so I could download it and give it a test on my setup.

Let me know when you are ready :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.