Twitter Application Details for setting up Comments Plus

I don't know what to enter in these fields in the Twitter Application Details and I don't understand exactly what these fields are doing:

Name: *
Your application name. This is used to attribute the source of a tweet and in user-facing authorization screens. 32 characters max.

Description: *
Your application description, which will be shown in user-facing authorization screens

• philesq
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

That's where I have the problem. I do not know what to enter into the fields:

Name: * - It says: Your application name. This is used to attribute the source of a tweet and in user-facing authorization screens.

I don't know what this means. Are they just asking me to give the application a name that I make up? Is this a name that anybody other than myself will see? What are user-facing authorization screens?

Description: * It says: Your application description, which will be shown in user-facing authorization screens

I have the same questions for the Description.

Thanks very much!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ah, I see what you mean! Sorry I didn't catch on sooner!

The name is whatever you choose and the description is basically for your own purposes, to help identify various apps you create.

Those two are basically your choice. The URL of course being your site's url. :slight_smile:

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.