Twitter Error & Blogs MU Problem

I can't get the Twitter login to work I get the error shown in the screenshot. I did log out of Twitter & WordPress. Then I also cleared my browser cache. No help at all.

This plugin doesn't show up at all with the Blogs-MU template either. The instructions for altering the tags are very limited and I don't really understand what I'm supposed to be doing. If there is a link to some exact instructions it would be a huge help.

I'm using the latest version of this plugin WordPress 3.2.1 with a WPMU installation.

Thanks!

~ Corey

• NetPotion

Hi Timothy,

I've triple checked the keys. That error occurs when I'm not logged in, after clicking the link. The app is created (and I've created others before that worked), but it isn't allowing it through.

I did have problems with Facebook earlier, but that was due to a conflict with Shareaholic. I'm not sure that this doesn't have something to do with that too - but even disabling that plugin doesn't seem to fix this.

I don't know. I'm at a loss at this point.

Thanks,

Corey

• Timothy Bowers

Hi.

I installed the plugin earlier today to assist another user. I authenticated fine with Twitter which would suggest to me some kind of conflict.

and I've created others before that worked

With this working before it seems odd that it isn't now. So I went on to good the issue and found this:

https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/431

Turns out the fix for this was simple although it took some hunting down! The date/time on the server running the app had somehow become a day behind. Twitter checks the time sync when using the API, and if the client doesn’t have the correct time, it’ll report the above error.

Not sure if that was the cause for your issue but worth looking at.

Let me know how that goes.

• NetPotion

Hmmm... never thought of the date & time. I'll have to check that, thanks.

As for the Twitter apps, I've set up other Twitter apps - not this one - that worked. This is the first one I've had an issue with. That's all I meant by that.

I may have to set up a fresh install and try it out again. I still wonder if there isn't a conflict with Shareaholic still happening. That might help sort it out.

Thanks again Timothy!

~ Corey

• Timothy Bowers

Hi Corey

Turns out the fix for this was simple although it took some hunting down! The date/time on the server running the app had somehow become a day behind. Twitter checks the time sync when using the API, and if the client doesn’t have the correct time, it’ll report the above error.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood there. Still the principal is the same. :slight_smile:

As for other plugins, it may well be worth disabling them all and trying then. If the issue persists then use the default "Twenty Eleven" theme and see if it persists again.

With it working on my install, I would assume it to be either a conflict or something simple like the link I gave.

Keep us updated on how it goes. :slight_smile:

And as always, you are most welcome!

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.