Two additional Questions re: more control of the Google Calendar entry.

Is there a way to:

1) Control the "name" of the Google Calendar entry? I'm getting: SERVICE appointment, with the service being replaced appropriately. I'd like more granular control over the "title".

2) Change/modify/prevent the location from being sent (Especially from the System Tagline)?

TIA,

Dan

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Dan,

1) Control the "name" of the Google Calendar entry? I'm getting: SERVICE appointment, with the service being replaced appropriately. I'd like more granular control over the "title".

At this moment there is no option for changing the name of appointment sanded to the GCal.
    In what way would you like to change it (I will check if this is possible)?

2) Change/modify/prevent the location from being sent (Especially from the System Tagline)?

You don't have location add-ons enabled in the Appointments+ so I'm not sure what location you want to change. Could you explain this more?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Dan Hartwig

Kasia,

Thanks for the quick reply!

1) I have 4 services: Start, Rack, Filter, Bottle (we make wine). Currently I get "Bottle Appointment" if the Bottle Service is selected. I'm posting this to a shared Google Calendar (with our staff). Ideally, I'd like to say something like: "Tiger - (B)" as the calendar entry. (I'd like to put the client name and an abbreviation in parenthesis...) I understand that it might be limited to the Appointments+ fields, it'd be OK if it could say "Tiger - Bottle". (where "Tiger" is the client name, see screensnap....)

2) I believe that the "location" field is what Google refers to it as, but (again in the screen snap), the string "WBD - Create great wine with family and friends." is coming from the Settings>General Tagline field. A way to control that would be awesome. ('Cuz I don't need the tagline on every calendar entry....)

Thanks,

Dan

Oops, is there a way to send you a screen snap?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Dan,

Sorry for responding so late. I tried to digg in the code of plugin to see what can be done with your request and:
    - for location - there is field for that in the Google Calendar settings in Appointments ("Google Calendar Location"). If field is empty then the location is taken from the blog description.
    However if you want to change it, you can do that in the /appointments/includes/class.gcal.php in line 892 - there is $location variable that takes the blog description.

- as for the name of the appointment, please try this code in line 887 of the same file class.gcal.php (replace existing line with this one)

$summary = sprintf(__('%s - %s', 'appointments'), $a->get_service_name($app->name), $a->get_service_name($app->service) );

let me know if this works, if not, then I have to ask developer for his opinion :slight_smile:.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.