Two bugs ?? and one feature request for Ultimate Branding

Hello,
Just trying out the Ultimate Branding (great work Barry !!!!) and found that:

1. There is no upgrading notification coming from WPMUDEV and the plugin is not listed under the WPMUDEV Updates screen. I guess this is the reason why there is a failure on the upgrading notification.
Instead, one can only find it under the "regular" plugins screen.
2. Even on the "regular" plugins screen, the link to the plugin's page takes us to 404 Page Not Found.

Ok. Now for the feature request to Barry.

I have also noticed, as others as well, that the welcome panel is not completely hidden. I know there are suggestions of hiding it all together.

I think though that we could have a different approach:
I believe that the instructions and links about "Basic Settings, Add Real Content, Customize Your Site", are really helpful. After all they only lead to internal links. Why throw them away?
Instead of hiding the Welcome panel, we could just brand it to our benefit. All we (of course that means you Barry) have to do is to give the ability to change the Wordpress image on the left and alter the text next to it.
We could simply customize those bits adding options for them under Branding/Images and Branding/Help. After all you have already done this with the login image and favicon as well as the contextual help panel. :slight_smile:

What do you think Barry?

Thank you for your time,
marikamitsos

• Barry

I have also noticed, as others as well, that the welcome panel is not completely hidden. I know there are suggestions of hiding it all together.

There are no filter or actions around this, as I think I've posted before. It's pretty much hardcoded into the dashboard to show, so the only thing we can do at the moment is hide it without resorting to more "hacky" methods.

I'm looking into more branding methods, but again it's all hardcoded with no filters so is more difficult than you would initially imagine, At the moment alll of the text is changeable using the network wide text change, but the links and logo can't be as easily changed.

• marikamitsos

@Barry

the only thing we can do at the moment is hide it without resorting to more "hacky" methods.

I provided a solution of even hiding the checkbox under screen options. You could probably include it in an upcoming version. Please have a look. It works. At least for us it does. :slight_smile:

I'm looking into more branding methods, but again it's all hardcoded with no filters so is more difficult than you would initially imagine, At the moment alll of the text is changeable using the network wide text change, but the links and logo can't be as easily changed.

I see. But I think we should keep the links. Those are very useful. It is the text next to the wp-badge.png that I am talking about as well as the image itself. Please have a look at the screen-shot.
    Anyway. I will be waiting for your results then.

Thanks again,
    marikamitsos

• Barry

I provided a solution of even hiding the checkbox under screen options. You could probably include it in an upcoming version. Please have a look. It works. At least for us it does. :slight_smile:

All that does is hide the checkbox from the screen - I'd want a more permanent solution and a means to remove it completely in the HTML before the page is rendered really.

I see. But I think we should keep the links.

I think if you are after a "rebranding" solution, then you want to have the ability to change everything, not just a part of it.

Those are very useful. It is the text next to the wp-badge.png that I am talking about as well as the image itself.

You can already change that (as I mentioned earlier) using the Network wide text change module.

• marikamitsos

I'd want a more permanent solution and a means to remove it completely in the HTML before the page is rendered really.

Totally agree with you. That would be great. Still. It does work for now.

I think if you are after a "rebranding" solution, then you want to have the ability to change everything, not just a part of it.

Agreed as well. I was just thinking of our needs. As i mentioned earlier I think the rest of the screen is really useful.
    After all I believe there is plenty of room next to the image for a customized text. One could probably be given an option to hide the part under it (the bit I think should be kept) the same way you have very cleverly done with the option of hiding the "Default Help Items" under "Admin Panel Help Settings". :slight_smile:

You can already change that (as I mentioned earlier) using the Network wide text change module.

Ok. But not quite. We still haven't found a way to change links.
    For example, how can we change the link
    "check out our documentation on First Steps with WordPress."
    to "check out the documentation on Google".
    No matter what we try the screen goes crazy. Is it just us? :slight_frown:

A different kind of request would be an enhancement for the branding of the site generator.
    It would be nice to have the wp version shown on the end of the css/js on the source code (..../wp-admin/css/colors-fresh.css?ver=3.4.1 or .../wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/js/google_maps_user.js?ver=3.4.1) removed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.