Two Different Affiliate Shortcodes to Show Affiliate and Visitor

Hi,

I need two different shortcodes for the following situations:

Jack is already an affiliate. His ID is ref-jack001.

John is not an affiliate. He is a visitor.

John clicks on Jack's link: site.com/?ref-jack001.
John is still a visitor, not an affiliate. When he signs up, I want a message to say "Your senior is Jack, ref-jack001".

Q1: What are the shortcodes for Jack (affiliate name) and ref-jack001 (affiliate ID)?

Now, John has become an affiliate through Jack. I want a message to show "Hi, John. This is your affiliate ID: ref-john002. Your senior is Jack, ref-jack001".

Q2: What are the shortcodes for John now? ref-john002 and ref-jack001.

The difference between Q1 and Q2 is John is a visitor in Q1, and is an affiliate in Q2.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Vi

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Vi,

Hope you're doing well today! This would take some custom development to achieve.

Q1: What are the shortcodes for Jack (affiliate name) and ref-jack001 (affiliate ID)?

There are no shortcodes for this currently, you would need to custom develop them.

Q2: What are the shortcodes for John now? ref-john002 and ref-jack001.

There are no shortcodes for this currently either.

I do think this is a cool idea though! I'll mark it as a feature request, perhaps it is something we can add functionality in for in a future version :slight_smile:

In the meantime, you can post on our jobs board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Then you can work with a talented member from our community on this project.

Right now out of the box, you would need to pair them up yourself and send them each emails, the automation isn't currently developed.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this Vi. More than happy to answer them!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.