Two different signup pages on home page

So Im using membership and supporter plugins. The only way I could get users to be able to create blogs when they signup through the membership sign up page is by clicking the users can register and create blogs option. But now theres a sign up link and other sign up link in the blog mu theme that takes users to the other sign up page. None of them seem to be working when you register. And the signup page for the membership sign up page works, but users can login without activating their email. What should I be doing with the signups.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dyrect,

Membership handles the registration process itself, bypassing the typical process. As such, there’s not an option included for blog creation during registration, but you could direct users to wp-signup.php for blog creation at the completion of the initial signup process.

And to clarify, you wouldn’t be able to use the “users can register and create blogs” option as Membership takes over of the registration process.

Cheers,

David

• dyrect
    • Flash Drive

I have the registration page set up with the right shortcode. But when someone clicks on sign up on the buddypress admin bar or the “join our community now” button in blogs mu theme, it takes them to the non membership sign up page, the regular buddypress signup page. What theme file would I have to edit and where would i have to change links for it to go to the membership sign up page?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dyrect,

The theme has quite a few BuddyPress specific features, but those changes would be made in

blogs-mu/lib/templates/wp-template/panel-home.php.

Line 35 provides the button code the logged out user sees whereas lines 40-42 is provides what the logged in users sees.

Regarding the BuddyPress admin bar, the following goes into pretty good detail on it:

http://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/modifying-the-buddypress-admin-bar/

And in particular, I think you’ll want to be working with this from that page:

add_action( 'bp_adminbar_menus', 'bp_adminbar_login_menu', 2 );

Cheers!

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.